Heavenly Coconut Cake With Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting
Heavenly Coconut Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
This moist scrumptious coconut cake is one of my husband's favorite cakes. It makes a large cake and a wonderful dessert for all you coconut lovers. It will be the star for any occasion! Let get to cooking!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups coconut, shredded
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl cream sugar, margarine or butter and shortening with an electric mixer.
- Separate eggs, add egg yolks one at a time and beat well. Set aside egg whites.
- Add flour, baking soda, coconut, buttermilk and pecans; beat well.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Fold beaten egg whites into mixture.
- Pour into greased and floured 9-inch x 13-inch pan or 3 greased and floured 9-inch round layer pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-30 minutes.
Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting
Ingredients for Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 2 cups coconut, shredded
- 1-8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 box powdered sugar
Instructions for Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting
- Melt 2 tablespoons of margarine or butter in a large skillet.
- Add the coconut; cook on low heat, stirring until golden brown.
- Spread coconut on wax paper and cool.
- Cream the remaining 2 tablespoons of margarine or butter with the cream cheese, milk, powdered sugar and 1 ¾ cup of the toasted coconut.
- Spread frosting on the cake.
- Spread remaining toasted coconut on top and sides of the cake.
- Refrigerate the cake.
This cake may be frozen and used later.
Pina Colada Cake
Are you a coconut lover?
Do you like coconut?See results without voting
Welcome, tell me how you like this coconut cake recipe!
Coconut Pound Cake
Try these other delicious recipes!
- Luscious Red Velvet Cupcakes In A Jar
Looking for a food gift that makes a statement? Make these red velvet cupcakes as a gift, wedding and baby showers or any occasion!
- Brown Sugar Pound Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting | Delishably
Looking for a scrumptious pound cake recipe, try Brown Sugar Pound Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. You will not be disappointed!
- Delicious Collection of Fruitcake Recipes
Get an early start for the Christmas holidays with these delicious fruitcake recipes! Try the easy fruit cake or the orange or applesauce recipes. Merry Christmas and happy baking!
- Best Cake Recipes for Any Occasion | Delishably
Check out these delicious, elegant, and easy recipes. Favorites are red velvet, gooey butter, oatmeal, Italian cream, carrot, and earthquake German chocolate! Peek inside and find one you like!
More by this Author
- 1Mrs. Field's Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Recipe, AKA $250 Cookies: The Best Cookie You Will Ever Eat
Mrs. Field’s, a.k.a. $250 Cookies, are loaded with chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, pecans and oat flour you make in the blender. A recipe you will make many times, scrumptious, make lovely gifts!
You will know the Christmas holiday is drawing near when we start making our favorite Christmas candy recipes. A few of my favorites are divinity, fudge, peanut brittle, divinity, toffee mad more!
Need a gift for someone, give a homemade food gift, we all love to eat! The Christmas holiday or any occasion is a wonderful time to give a food gift to the person that has everything!