Holiday Butternut Sqash Soup
- 2 butternut squashes, cubed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup ginger root, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds, ground
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup dairy-free cream
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- Peel the squash, cut it in half lengthwise, remove the seeds and cut in 1-inch chunks.
- Cook the onion until soft in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger, squash, water and fennel and bring to a simmer.
- Cook until the squash is tender enough to smash. Puree the soup until completely smooth.
- In the same large pot add allspice and butter buds. Add the vinegar one-half teaspoon at a time while stiring.
- Stir in the cream with the heat off. Ladle the soup into wide bowls and spoon 1 teaspoons of cream in a decorative pattern onto each.
More by this Author
These pizza eggrolls are a light and crunchy snack, that when paired with a side salad make a great entrée.
This African-style Carrot Ginger Soup is bold, sweet, and creamy - the perfect addition to any savory meal!
This baked gooey rice casserole is easy to make, comforting, and delicious. The whole family will love it!
No comments yet.