Blueberry cookies: a simple recipe
- Prep time: 10 min
- Cook time: 12 min
- Ready in: 22 min
- Yields: around 20 cookies
An easy and delicious recipe for cookies that melt in your mouth
These easy blueberry cookies will melt in your mouth, and are quick and simple to make using a basic cookie dough.
The recipe below will make around 25 cookies, depending on how large you make them - and how much cookie dough gets eaten before the cookies get to the oven!
- 4 oz (115 grams) butter at room temperature
- 6 oz (175 grams) soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 8 oz (225 grams) plain flour
- 1 level tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 3.5 oz (100 grams) fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C, or 150 degrees for a fan oven.
- Grease 2 large baking trays with a little butter
- Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla essence in a large mixing bowl
- break the egg into the bowl and beat into the mixture until it is an even texture
- sieve in the flour and bicarbonate of soda
- beat with a wooden spoon until all the ingredients are evenly mixed and you have a soft dough
- stir in the blueberries
- spoon heaped teaspoonfuls of the dough onto the prepared baking trays, giving them a couple of inches between each one, as they spread quite a bit when cooking
- bake for 10-12 minutes until they are just starting to turn golden brown at the edges
- allow to cool for a couple of minutes then, using a spatula, lift from the trays onto a wire cooling rack
Try to leave them alone for long enough to cool down. They will become crispier as they cool, and can be stored in an airtight container for a few days. The mixture freezes very well if you want to make a larger batch. I love these made with my home grown blueberries, but the basic dough can be adapted to suit your tastes with different fruit, chocolate chunks or nuts perhaps.
More by this Author
Five easy recipes for cooking with eggs, all suitable for vegetarians, and a great way to get some good quality protein into your diet. Spanish omelette, cheese souffle, vegetable quiche, lemon meringue pie and egg...
Tasty toffee-apple flapjacks - a great seasonal treat for your trick-or-treat visitors!
A simple recipe for basic pancake batter, tips for perfect pancakes, and some delicious serving suggestions. A brief history of Pancake Day is included.