How to make Super Savory Homemade Biscuits from Scratch
We've all had basic biscuits- rounded white puffs of flour- or perhaps Bisquick- that go so well with butter, jam, and jelly - but there are definitely more savory options for those who get tired of the same old thing.
This recipe for biscuits is absolutely delicious - and healthy. Made with whole wheat flour, milk, and olive oil, these biscuits have an incredibly warm taste to them, and are also very easy to prepare. They go great with butter, goat cheese, yogurt, or a sophisticated jam or jelly. I hope you give them a try - you'll wonder why you hadn't gone to making biscuits from scratch earlier!
- 240 grams whole wheat flour (2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2.7 ounces olive oil (1/3 cup)
- 5.25 ounces milk (2/3 cup)
- Freshly cut rosemary to garnish (TOTALLY optional)
- Mix dry ingredients (you COULD sift them together, but I don't think that's necessary)
- Add the milk and olive oil and mix
- Add rosemary sprigs as a garnish if you like
- Bake at 425 degrees (F) for 15 minutes or until golden brown on top
More by this Author
Cake storage is not the clear-cut process you thought it was. Believe me. As a lifelong cake aficionado and fangirl, I thought I knew everything there was to know about cake preparation and storage. But I was wrong.
Interested in using silicone baking molds? Check out my simple tips and tricks to be sure you're making the most of these convenient kitchen tools.
After getting gum grafting surgery, I had to recover- FAST- for a fancy New Year's conference. Here's what I did to move things along.