Homemade Chicken Caesar Salad
Chicken Caesar Salad is something that I have often (but normally shop bought), but what is actually in it? I guess we all have a vague idea - chicken, lettuce, croutons, cheese! But hey whats in the sauce? How is the chicken made? What type of croutons?
Well this is my version of Chicken Caesar Salad, its great for a summer evening! I was really pleased with how it turned out. - Enjoy!
- 2 for starter / 4 for main Chicken Breasts, Skinless and boneless
- 1 Ciabatta Roll
- 1 Romaine lettuce
- 1 Garlic clove crushed, For sauce
- 2 Achovies mashed, For sauce
- 5 tblsp Mayonnaise, For sauce can be shop bought or homemade
- 1 tblsp Rice Wine Vinegar or normal, For sauce
- 75g Pancetta bits
- Heat oven to 200c
- Line a oven tray with baking sheet, put chicken on sheet, roast for 25-30 minutes (or as specified on packet) Fry Pancetta bits for 3 minutes and set aside
- In meantime, pull ciabatta roll into crouton pieces, dont worry if this this roughly pulled!.
- Once chicken is cooked, remove from oven and set aside, put crouton pieces into remaining chicken fat. Cook at 200c for 10 minutes and crispy
- For the caesar sauce - crush the garlic and mash the anchovies and then add to remaining sauce ingredients.
- Tear lettuce into bits and place on plate, pull chicken into bits, add croutons and pancetta bits, drizzle sauce over and add parmesan
- Serve and enjoy!
More Salad Recipes....
- Quick and Easy Couscous and Feta Salad
Quick and Easy Couscous and Feta Salad