Homemade Whoopie Pies
Whoopie pies are a great summer treat for they are fattening, chocolately and absolutely delicious. They are convenient and readily available at many commercially known supermarkets, or you can find homemade ones at local mom and pop stores. Or, you could try making your own!
Chocolate cake is the go-to cake for birthday celebrations throughout the year and although it's fabulously delicious each time, it has become a bit repetitive. Try making homemade whoopie pies for they are quick to bake and assemble and you'll be snacking on these decadent delights wherever you are. Pack them in your cooler for a day at the beach and add some birthday candles for a unique birthday treat. Enjoy!
Does it get any better than this?
Ingredients for Whoopie Pies
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour, all-purpose
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the sugar, egg, butter and vanilla until light and creamy. In another bowl, mix the cocoa, baking soda, salt and flour; then blend with buttermilk into the creamed mixture.
- Drop batter by tablespoon onto greased baking sheets. Bake 7 to 9 minutes. Remove from baking sheets and let cool.
- Proceed to make the filling for the whoopie pies.
Ingredients for Whoopie Pie Filling
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 cups marshmallow fluff
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Mix together all filling ingredients.
- To assemble, sandwich a tablespoon of cream between two cakes, dividing cream evenly among the allotted pies.
More by this Author
The Double Doodle is the best of both worlds as it is a cross between the Goldendoodle and the Labradoodle. Read further to find out more about this breed and why they are a great dog for families.
These are the highlights of my jaw surgery regarding the hospital stay and my recovery time at home. The surgery solved my overbite issue and I survived the procedure and the hospital stay. It however was not a walk in...
20 liquid recipe ideas that I discovered during my recovery period from jaw surgery. The key to a liquid diet is to be creative!