Homemade thin almond biscotti
There's nothing better than a crisp and crunchy homemade almond biscotti with a cup of coffee.The good news is that you don't need a lot of ingredients and the steps are simple. On the other hand, you'll have to be patient for the final result, since you need to complete the recipe in stages over a day. Here is my mother's recipe for homemade thin almond biscotti
- 4 Eggs
- 1.5 cups Flour
- 1.5 cups Sugar
- Almond extract 1/2 teaspoon
- cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon
- salted roasted almonds 1 cup
Baking Almond Biscotti
- Mix eggs, flour and sugar together
- Continue to thoroughly mix ingredients until the batter has gluey consistency. Then,add the almonds and continue to mix.
- Initially, you will be baking the mixture into a loaf which you will then slice and further bake into cookies. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a loaf pan with a cooking spray (or lightly grease it).
- Pour mixture into the loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- After 3/4 hour, remove the loaf from the oven and allow it to cool. Wrap it in tin foil and leave it in the fridge overnight to further cool.
- The next day, remove the cooled loaf form the fridge. Slice it very thinly, as thinly as possible.
- Place the slices on a lightly greased cookie sheet and cook for 10 minutes in an oven heated at 300 degrees. Flip the lightly browned biscuits over and cook them for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the biscuits from the oven. Allow them to cool for 10 minutes
- Remove them from the cookie sheet, continue to cool in cool dry cookie jar.
Adjusting the recipe
You may find that the recipe is not sweet enough. you could easily use 3/4 to 1 cup of sugar depending on your tastes. Also, you may find you want more almonds. Feel free to use up to 1 1/2 cups in your homemade almond biscotti.
How did it turn out
Other dessert recipes for your sweet tooth
- How to make soft caramel fudge from scratch
Caramel was first born when 17th century settlers started cooking sugar with water to create hard candies. Once people started mixing in sugar, milk and butter, it then evolved into a chewy, tasty confection. With a few adjustments to these core ingr
- How to make chocolate fudge from scratch
As a confection, chocolate fudge is a relative newcomer, dating back to the 19th century. Making it is relatively simple, but watch out you don't tinker too much with the ingredients or the cooking, lest you burn the sugar or make it too greasy or do
More by this Author
If you are seeing dead people in your dreams, know that it is a common experience. By dead, I mean someone who has passed away (not someone who is currently alive that you dream is dead ). By dreaming of someone who has...
As a confection, chocolate fudge is a relative newcomer, dating back to the 19th century. Making it is relatively simple, but watch out you don't tinker too much with the ingredients or the cooking, lest you burn the...
f you've just been assigned a take home exam and think that doing well on it will be a piece of cake, think again. Take home exams can be tricky. The advantage is that you are free of the stress of the exam room and all...
No comments yet.