Homemade Sesame-Flax Crackers
Nutritious Crackers Made With Sesame Seeds and Flax
Crunchy homemade crackers--just the thing for something a little different.
If you enjoy crackers, you can make your own.
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup white flour
1 tsp. salt
1-11/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 cup of yogurt or sour cream
3 tbsp. butter
6-8 tbsp. sesame seeds
1/3-1/2 cup cold water
Adding the Crunchy Goodness of Seeds
- Stir together first four ingredients.
- Add in yogurt.
- Toast sesame seeds in butter until lightly browned, then add to flour mixture.
- Mix in water, until dough forms a ball.
- Sprinkle in flax seeds to preference.
- Roll out dough on floured surface and cut into rounds or squares with cookie cutters.
- Place in a buttered pan and prick crackers with a fork.
- Bake at 325 until lightly browned, about 10-15 min.
Sesame, Flax & Sunflower Seeds
- 4 tbsp. bran flakes
- 4 tbsp. toasted sunflower seeds
- Add more water if necessary
How to Make Flax Crackers
Crackers Loaded With Crunch
Do You Use Flax Seeds in Crackers?See results without voting
© 2008 Athlyn Green
More by this Author
Cheese balls are especially nice served around the holidays--a little something different to add to the festivities. This Christmas cheese ball looks so delicious coated in walnuts.
All you need is sliced onions and a light batter that puffs up magically while frying.
A delicious sweet topper for cakes, loaves, and donuts.