Honey Almond Butter Balls Recipe - 5 Minute Dessert Recipe!
Organic friendly, raw & gluten free recipe!
This is a recipe that I came up while playing around with various ingredients. These are totally raw and no cooking is required - they're ready to eat in under five minutes! I remember having almond butter balls at a friend's house a few years ago and that was the inspiration for this recipe. I set out to create a portable variation of trail mix that I could enjoy throughout the day for bursts of energy. The end result is a sweet treat that is perfect for dessert or an afternoon pick-me-up. This is a fairly healthy organic dessert recipe as all the ingredients used are fairly easy to find organic and locally. This recipe will also work for those with gluten sensitivities (just make sure to use gluten-free oatmeal!). Feel free to play around with measurements and flavors to customize your healthy dessert/snack.
A word of warning, I didn't calculate the calories for these, but I'd imagine there is well over 150 calories per each 3/4" ball. Luckily, just one is very rich and satisfying!
- 1/2 cup of organic almond butter
- 1 tbsp of organic honey
- 1/4 cup of dried organic steel cut oats
- 2 tsp of organic cinnamon
- 2 tsp of organic cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1/2 tsp salt - optional - only use if you use unsalted almond butter
- You'll have to get your hands dirty with this recipe. Spoons just don't cut it.
- With both hands, combine almond butter, honey, cinnamon and cocoa until well mixed.
- Add in oats.
- Roll into 3/4" balls.
- Place coconut on a small plate and roll balls lightly in coconut.
- Stick in the refrigerator for an hour for a harder texture, or enjoy immediately.
Buy Honey Almond Butter Online
Notes and Variations:
- You may need to add more or less honey depending on the consistency of your almond butter.
- These honey almond coconut balls also freeze incredibly well. Just defrost for a few hours before eating.
Feel free to experiment with various spices and ingredients. Some more possible ingredient ideas:
- chai spices
- pumpkin pie spices
- vanilla flavoring
- rum flavoring
- orange flavoring
- pumpkin seeds
- sunflower seeds
- sesame seeds
- dried fruit pieces
- crushed walnuts or pecans
- dried raisins or cranberries
- chocolate chips or carob chips
- crispy cereal pieces
More by this Author
Let's face it - when it's hot and humid out, cooking something hot for lunch or dinner can seem totally unappealing. You still need to eat, so here are some great meal ideas for hot weather. No need to microwave or turn...
Within 45 minutes, you could be eating delicious and easy to make cream puffs! This recipe is super easy, super quick (just 30 minutes required to bake and just 10-15 to preparation time). Dazzle your dinner guests or...
Find out the basics of weight loss.