Hot Dog Topping Recipes From Around the World
I love trying new flavors, cuisine, and food creations. Good food is a good thing. If you don't realize this and never try the unique flavors of all the different types of cuisine form different cultures and countries you will miss out. Missing out on the flavor explosions that will make you mouth water and taste buds dance! So why not incorporate these flavors form around the world onto your hot dog?
- Mexican. Why not go for a Mexican hot dog creation? Add some salsa, jalapenos, or picked banana peppers, cheese, maybe even some ground beef, guacamole or perhaps sour cream with some fresh green onion.
- Chinese. Try barbecuing your hot dog with a soya sauce glaze, Chinese five-spice, or topping it with some hoisin sauce. Maybe some green onion, dried pork (this stuff is delicious look for it in the Asian aisle of your supermarket), or cooked shiitake mushrooms.
- Chicago Style American. An all- beef sausage, poppy seed bun, yellow mustard, chopped white onions, sweet green relish, a dill pickle spear, tomato slices, pickle sport peppers, and a bit a celery salt.
- Japanese. Try a spicy kimchi topped hot dog with bonito flakes or flavoured strips of seaweed. Any flavours you want to incorporate, go for it!
- Indian. I love curry, and I love it on almost any and everything. On a hot dog it is awe-inspiring and truly flavour enhancing! Some curried okra or butter chicken on a hot dog makes my mouth-water.
Ingredients For Italian Style Hot Dog
- Tomato paste or fresh diced tomato
- Hot Dog wieners or sausage
- Ciabatta hot dog bun
- Shredded cheese, Preferably mozzarella, provolone, or another common pizza cheese
- Pepperoni slices, Optional
- Cook the hot dog sausage, either using a grill or pan.
- Toast the bun slightly on the grill/ pan with the tomato paste spread evenly inside the bun then topped with the sausage and the cheese. If using fresh tomatoes add on top as well. Add the pepperoni on top if using as well.
- Eat and enjoy!
No comments yet.