Hot Fudge Spoon Cake
You need a spoon to eat this
Hot Fudge Dumplings
Easy and quick to make this recipe creates warm chocolate dumplings that are light and moist floating in a hot fudge sauce.
Best of all from start to finish you can have it on the table in a little more than an hour,
One of Mom’s best recipes, handed down for generations, it has been a family favorite for many years and always gets rave reviews from company and church suppers. Now I have turned it into a photo recipe, easy and quick to make.
This is a chocoholic dessert for the family and company.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Gather Equipment:
- 2+1/2 quart casserole, 2 quart sauce pan, mixing bowl
Ingredients for the Dumpling batter
Ingredients for Dumpling batter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted, but not hot
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Sugar
- 6 Tbs Cocoa
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour (Or cake flour)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup milk
Batter will be fairly stiff
Preparation of dumpling batter:
• Sift flour with cocoa powder, salt and baking powder so it is well blended
• Melt butter DO NOT make it hot, just barely melted.
• Blend the egg with the melted butter, vanilla and sugar
• Add the milk and the flour mixture alternately to the liquid mixture
• Mix only until blended, over mixing makes tough cakes
• Set this aside while you make the sauce
Ingredients for the Fudge Sauce
Ingredients for chocolate sauce
1. 1-1/2 Cups Sugar
2. 4 Cups Water
3. 3/4 Cup Cocoa
4. 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
5. 1/2 teaspoon salt
Spoon the batter into HOT sauce
Prepare sauce and finish:
• Place Sugar, water, cocoa, salt and vanilla in a 2 to 3 quart saucepan.
• This will bubble up quite a bit so it may boil over in a pot that is too small
• Bring to a boil and lower the heat, simmer for 3 minutes, Stir frequently
• Pour boiling sauce into the 2+1/2 quart casserole
• Drop spoonfuls of batter into the hot sauce.
• It is important that the sauce be very hot, this starts the batter cooking.
• Place casserole in the oven at 325 degrees,
• Bake until the cake is done and the sauce has thickened, 20 minutes or more.
• Insert a toothpick into the thickest cake, if it comes out clean they are done
• Serve warm and enjoy
Now comes the hard part
More by this Author
Surprisingly easy to make this recipe will delight your favorite chocoholic. Rich, dense and creamy this is comfortably sweet
A recipe from WWII,designed to save precious ingredients for our fighting forces.Once almost lost and forgotten. Updated to keep the flavor but use modern equipment and better ingredients.
What is the best salmon? What is the difference between salmons? An encyclopedia of all the types of salmon