How to Bake Brownies?
No one is born with Good Parenting Skills - we all need to learn.
This is one sure way to impress your other half and spend quality time with your kids.
Many of us are very busy with work and other chores which leave little or no time to spend with our children. Those who are fathers to little kids really need to put some effort into making time for their family and especially the little children. Having children and looking after them is a learning curve and many of us fail to progress on that learning path at a speed that allows us to be really good parents before our children start being independent. Which is why in society today many kids are reluctant to spend time with their parents when they reach teenage years, simply due to the reason that we as parents did not give them their due when they were young and required our time and for us, to be there for them.
I know many parents who are so busy chasing the career dream or money that they have very little time with their children. Some parents can be classified as weekend parents, for no reason but the fact that they spend week-days working away from home or spending so much time working overtime that by the time they arrive home the kid’s are asleep. If you want good and respectable kids who fully enjoy life and society and participate as responsible upright citizens then you must prioritise spending valuable time with them.
The analogy of looking after children is like cultivating a seed, which you sow and tender till it grows into a fruit bearing tree (sorry that’s the best I can think of now), so make sure that you give time to your children, they are more important than, the promotion or bonus your maybe chasing.
What can I do to spend quality time with my Children?
Spending time with your own children does not have to be a difficult thing, as long as you accept that it is important, then you will find ways of making that time you need. One method I have adopted is spending time with my two young daughters cooking and baking, because that is something they both like, it is a skill that I would like to develop, it allows me and my children to cook or bake something which we can share together. Here is a recipe for two types of Brownies that we baked the other day.
(A) Almond Butter Brownies
The ingredients you require:
1/2 cup Almond butter
1 cup Sugar
1 tsp Almond extract
1/2 cup Flour
1/4 cup Cocoa
1 tsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Grated coconut
(1) Preheat the oven to 350.
(2) Combine the almond butter and sugar.
(3) Add the eggs and almond extract: mix well.
(4) In another bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
(5) Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and mix well. Stir in the coconut. Pour into a greased 9-inch square baking pan. Bake for 35 minutes.
(6) Now you can Serve with tea, coffee or hot chocolate for the youngsters.
- How to cook Chilli Herb Shrimp
Why not surprise your better half tonight chaps with this mouth watering Shrimp appetizer. She will love you for it, and what better way to start an evening then to entice her with these succulent shrimps dressed in nice herbs and spiced with fresh c
- How to keep kids busy at home with activities
Spend time with your kids now help them become better people, before you lose them to computer games and their friends. Because once they reach a certain age theyd prefer to spend time surfing the net, playing with their friends or even playing on
(B) Almond Macaroon Brownies
This is one of my favourite with piping hot custard especially after a hot curry. You can’t beat the taste.
The ingredients you require:
3 oz Cream cheese
6 tb Butter or margarine
3/4 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Flour
1 tb Flour
1 2/3 cup Flaked coconut
1 cup Whole blanched almonds
6 oz Chocolate (I use Cadbury Dairy Milk, it gives a smother creamy taste)
1/2 tsp Vanilla
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp Salt
Baking Ideas - learn how to bake...
Brownies..Brownies.. try different varieties...
(1) Beat cream cheese and 2 tablespoons butter until softened.
(2) Beat in 1/4 cup sugar. Stir in 1 egg, 1 tablespoon flour and coconut.
(3) Reserve 16 whole almonds, chop the rest. Stir in 1/3 cup chopped almonds; set aside. Melt 5 oz chocolate and remaining butter over low heat, until melted.
(4) Remove from heat. Stir in 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla.
(5) Beat in 2 eggs. Stir in ½ cup flour, baking powder and salt. Add remaining chopped almonds. Spread cheese batter on top.
(6) Garnish with whole almonds. Bake for 40 minutes until cake tester comes out clean, don't over bake. Melt remaining squares of chocolate and drizzle over the brownies.
(7) Cool in pan.
(8) Cut into squares or whatever shape you like.
(9) You can serve with Vanilla Ice cream, hot custard or just simply with a cup of hot drink.
Good Parenting Books for reference..
More by this Author
People suffer from mouth ulcers in different ways, there are some people who say that when they get mouth ulcers it is painful and usually accompanies a raised temperature and fatigue, whereas other can suffer mouth...
The veil is a contentious issue that has been much debated and protested against particularly in the West and some parts of the East. Feminists criticise it arguing that the veil reinforces women’s subordination...
ALLAH (GOD) ALSO SPEAKS TO US Sometimes we are just not ready to hear or accept what God (Allah) say’s to us, which is why we think we are alone and God does not speak with us.