Party Punch - How To Create Your Own Unique Recipe
I consider myself a Party Punch expert. Not the type of expert that is defined as someone who has a special skill or technique. I am an expert simply based on many years of family tradition.
I cannot remember a holiday, baby or wedding shower, graduation, or birthday party that my family did not serve cold Party Punch. After many decades, we have a non-spoken assumption that no matter what the menu for our celebrations, Party Punch will be our main beverage.
This versatile drink is enjoyed by any age group. In my family, Party Punch is ready for consumption early on, even before food is served, and is refreshed during the entire gathering.
The great thing about making party punch is that you can be creative and no matter what, it tastes wonderful. Instead of giving you specific punch recipes, I am going to give you choices to create your own cold Party Punch recipe.
IT’S SO SIMPLE and YOU CAN CALL IT YOUR OWN!
Create Your Own Party Punch Recipe Using the Following as Your Base to Fill One Punch Bowl (add more or less depending on size of bowl)
A. 2 liter bottle of carbonated soda
B. 2 liter bottle Hawaiian Punch (or ½ gallon)
C. 4 large scoops of sherbet
D. 4 large scoops of vanilla ice cream
F. Ice (as needed)
**Taste test and adjust ingredients to your liking!
**Choose what you like the best to create your own, unique Party Punch!
Below you will find choices/ideas for all the ingredients A through F.
A. CARBONATED SODA CHOICES (refrigerate ahead of time)
- Ginger Ale
B. HAWAIIAN PUNCH CHOICES (refrigerate ahead of time)
- Personally, I like to use regular, original Hawaiian Punch
- There are other Hawaiian Punch flavors that you may choose from including a “light” version.
C. SHERBET CHOICES
D. ICE CREAM CHOICES
- Certainly, you could get creative and choose a fruity flavored ice cream
- I always use vanilla
- The main purpose of adding ice cream even though you are also using sherbet is to create a smooth, frothy texture
E. FRUITY CHOICES
- Frozen fruit juice concentrate
- Frozen fruit
- Regular fruit juice (orange, pineapple)
- Crushed pineapple
- Pineapple rings
- Orange rings
- Lemon wedges
- Maraschino cherry juice
F. ICE OPTIONS
- Regular ice cubes
- Ice cubes made from fruit juice or punch
- Be creative with different ice cube shapes and sizes
- Add fruit to your ice cubes
Punch: Did You Know?
- It is believed that the term punch comes from the Hindi word “panch” meaning “five” referring to the five ingredients first believed to be contained in punch: sugar, lemon, water, tea (spices) and alcohol.
- The term punch was first recorded in British documents in 1632.
- It has been alleged that British sailors were quite fond of this concoction.
- As the recipe changed and spread to seaport taverns, many bartenders considered themselves “master punch brewers.”
- Today, the word PUNCH is used to describe a wide assortment of drinks, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic, that typically contain fruit juice.
Adding Alcohol to Your Party Punch
If you would like to add alcohol such as Rum, Vodka or Champagne to your punch, be sure to offer a separate, non-alcoholic punch if there are children at your party.
Classic punch bowls are usually glass and are accompanied by a glass ladle and glass cups. Consider using a plastic punch bowl, ladle and cups, especially if you are serving children.
I use a pretty, vintage crystal punch bowl that my parents received many years ago as a wedding present. But we don’t use the cumbersome, glass cups. We simply use disposable cups and a clear plastic ladle.
What do you think of this recipe to create your own unique party punch?
Creating Your Own Unique Party Punch Recipe
There really is no right or wrong way to make cold Party Punch. That’s why I’ve given you choices and am leaving it up to you to create your own unique recipe.
Punch is a special treat that will add to any festivities. Enjoy!
This is Sharyn's Slant
Vintage Hawaiian Punch Commercial
Want To Follow Sharyn's Slant On HubPages?
Please click HERE TO GO TO THE PROFILE PAGE. Then click on FOLLOW next to the profile picture.
Interested In Writing For HubPages?
Go to the SIGN IN PAGE to get started now!
More by this Author
I love duplicating recipes that my mom or grandma made while I was growing up. Here is one you won't want to miss: Ham and Bean Soup with Dumplings.
International Delight coffee creamer has been popular for decades. Just recently they introduced Iced Coffee that is a great hit with consumers. And the best thing is you can use the creamers and Iced Coffee's to make...
Being aware of the stages one goes through at the end of life will give loved ones an opportunity to be less fearful of the unknown and instead, be present in the moment with much compassion, and even gratitude for...