Chocolate Torte-How To Make
Ingredients For Your Chocolate Torte
Chocolate Ganache x 2 As Per Recipe.
Double Cream 600Mls
Meringue Disc 1 x 10" Circle
Egg Yolks x 2
Rum Flavoured Stock Syrup As Per Recipe Indicated In the Link
Caster Sugar 60Grams
Leaf Gelatine 4 X Strips
Italian Meringue 2 x 1/2 Pint Ladles
- Line a 10" cake ring with clear plastic.
- Lightly whip the cream.
- Make a Sabayon over heat, from the egg yolks and sugar and a little water ensuring a ribboned texture is achieved.
- Soak gelatine in cold water until soft, squeeze out any excess water and dissolve in the hot sabayon, and allow to cool.
5. Moisten sponge disc well with the rum flavoured stock syrup.
6. Brush the meringue disk with melted chocolate and place sponge on top inside your cake ring.
7. Add sabayon to half of the Ganache. Ensuring the Ganache is not too cold.
8. Fold in quickly the lightly whipped cream and meringue until evenly mixed DO NOT ALLOW TO SET, should be of a pouring consistency. Pour on to sponge and allow to set.
9. When set, Remove from cake ring and coat with the remaining luke warm Ganache (avoiding any air bubbles).
Decorate as required.
Equipment Required To Make Your Chocolate Torte
- Whisk x 2
- Mixing Bowl x 2
- Saucepan 2Pt
- Plastic Spatula/Wooden Spoon x 2
- 10" Cake Ring
- Pastry Brush
- Piping Bag x 1 For 10" Meringue Disc
- Cake tin x 1 For Chocolate Sponge