How To Make A Great Sugar Free Pie--A Diabetic Delight
No one will know it's Sugar Free!!
No Sugar? No Problem!
My husband has Diabetes, takes insulin and avoids sugar, white flour, white rice and everything starchy that turns into sugar in his body. But he, like most of us, still craves sweets and desserts. In fact, whenever we have family gatherings or major holiday feasts, my Diabetic husband always complains when the dessert is served saying "where is my dessert, where is my cake, my ice cream, or, in this case where is my pie"!? So, after many years of feeling not only sorry for him, but guilty for not having something to serve him that he also can enjoy, I did some research and came up with an ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS SUGAR FREE APPLE PIE RECIPE THAT WAS, "AS EASY AS PIE" to make and so good that I now serve it to everyone. And, ssshh, I don't even tell them it's sugar free!!
It only takes about fifteen minutes to put together, depending on how fast you can peel six to eight Golden Delicious apples. (Don't use red apples or the green Granny Smith because they are too high in sugar content).
I also add a few secret ingredients that I have come up with over the years.
NEED A PROFESSIONAL WRITER FOR YOUR WEBSITE? PLEASE CONTACT ME:
BONNIE HOWELL http://www.yourarticlewriter.com
Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Peel six to eight Golden Delicious Apples (less or more depending on the size of your pie tin or dish. I normally use the glass, deep dish, so I use closer to eight medium sized apples).
- Cut the peeled apples into quarters and then slice the quarters into thin slices and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add three or more packets of either Splenda or Nutrasweet to the peeled apples, (according to taste).
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of Apple Pie Spice Seasoning.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of Ground Ginger.
- Mix well.
- Spray the bottom of the glass pie dish or pie tin with oil until well coated.
- Fold out and press into place in bottom of tin or dish pre-made pie dough and poke five to ten holes evenly into the crust for shrinkage.
- Fold apples into shell and spread evenly.
- Add several small "dabs" of butter or margarine evenly on top of the apples.
- Place second pre-made pie dough on top of the apples and crimp the edges. With a knife, add "slits" to the top of the pie.
- Sprinkle Apple Pie Spice on top for color before placing in the oven.
Bake at 325 degrees for approximately 25 minutes or until golden brown.
If you really want to be a "star hostess" serve the sugar free "Hot Apple Pie" with Sugar Free Ice Cream or Sugar Free Yogurt!!!
Oh, and be sure not to tell anyone it's Sugar Free!!
Comments 1 comment
No comments yet.
More by this Author
After raising four sons and being married twice, I pretty much thought I knew as much as there was to know, at least as much as any woman knows, about penises. I cannot even express to you the number of times in a day I...
No comments yet.