Quick Easy How To Make A Cornbread Loaf
How To Make Cornbread as a Loaf
This is a great recipe for making cornbread as a loaf; traditionally, most cornbreads are baked either in cast iron fry pans or in 8 x 8 baking pans, but this recipe is unique in that you bake it in a loaf pan. It is great as a stand-alone or as a side to any soup or stew. Serve warm with a swipe of butter or margarine - or use as the cornbread ingredient for stuffing recipes.
QUICK AND EASY RECIPE FOR A LOAF OF CORNBREAD
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs or 1/2 cup of egg substitute
- 1-1/4 cup milk (or see variation below)
- 1/4 cup melted butter or corn oil
- Vegetable spray
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a loaf pan 8-1/2 x 4-1/2 x 2 with vegetable spray.
- Mix all the dry ingredients (cornmeal, flour, sugar, salt, baking powder).
- In another small bowl, beat the eggs or pour in egg substitute.
- Add milk and melted butter or oil.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients mixing until JUST blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes, until golden brown and tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the pan and then turn out onto a rack to cool.
- Best served warm with a dab of butter or margarine or
- Use this recipe as the cornbread for roasted turkey with cornbread stuffing.
How To Make Cornbread Stuffing
Use This Recipe For Cornbread Stuffing Or Serve With Beef Stew
- Fall Classic - Crockpot Beef Stew
morguefile.com At this time of year, soups and stews are a must for me because I love the ability to add so many good-for-you vegetables and enjoy the delicate aromas that slow-cooking lend the house. Nothing...
- Kate's Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes
morguefile.com This menu was constructed by my daughter and think many of the recipes came from foodnetwork.com but I did notice that some of the links were to The Barefoot Contessa cookbooks and recipes. ...
Another Idea - Corn Muffins
Maple Variation For Corn Bread Recipe
If you like a maple cornbread taste, you can substitute 1/4 cup of pure maple syrup for 1/4 cup of the milk in the original recipe. Just reduce the milk then to 1 cup and add 1/4 cup of pure maple syrup. Totally different taste but equally delicious.
More Cornbread Links
- Delicious Tex-Mex Chili Cornbread Casserole Recipe
If you're looking for a convenient and easy one dish meal with a Tex-Mex twist, look no further than this delicious and easy Tex-Mex casserole recipe. This tasty casserole recipe surprisingly easy to make, and...
- Fluffy Vegan Cornbread Muffins
Ingredients: 1/2 cup Soy Butter Spread (Earth Balance is my favorite, it's non GMO and Vegan) 1...
- Turkey Chili With Cornbread
A delicious alternative to ground beef chili, turkey chili is nutritious and delicious. Turkey has fewer calories than beef (or chicken) and has no saturated fat. This turkey chili recipe is simple and...
- My Favorite Cornbread Recipe
Nobody seemed to make cornbread better than my Grandmother. I remember watching her pouring the batter into her hot iron skillet and hearing the batter sizzle just a little bit, she used her iron skillet for...
- World's Best Cornbread Recipe
A crispy, crunchy exterior with a moist, light interior. Lots of intense corn flavor. A tender crumb. I've been baking cornbread for years, and have made more mistakes than I can count. Slowly, though, I've...
- How To Make Cornbread
Making Cornbread When it is winter and the house is cold stir up some bread and warm your soul When it is springtime and your lettuce is new Hope's in the air and bread satisfies to your toes When...
- How to Make Real Old-Fashioned Southern Cornbread Dr...
This is an old recipe for real Southern cornbread dressing the kind my mother and grandmother always made at Thanksgiving and Christmas. If you're searching for a low-calorie or low-fat recipe, THIS...
- Cornbread Muffin Recipe, Easy & Low-Calorie
The handy part about cornbread muffins is that you get the great taste of cornbread, but the muffin acts as built-in portion control. This recipe doesn't use eggs, making it cholesterol free. It also...
More by this Author
A lot of people ask me how I have time to bake bread and rolls. To be honest, if I had not discovered how to use my mixer to knead the dough for me, I probably would have called it quits. I have a lot of trouble...
I originally found this idea in a 2009 Cooking Light magazine but since then, I've used it several ways and made several adjustments to it as suggested below. However, the fact stands that the dough recipe itself...
In a tight economy, how much should you pay a pet sitter? It depends on many factors including what kind of pet, age of the pet, what the pet sitter has to do and even how far the pet sitter has to drive to take care...