Making A Mango Cheesecake - Step By Step
Finally I have the courage to write a recipe hub. I have converted the recipe from a Swedish recipe and I have used weights as measurements instead of volumes to get the measurements as right as possible.
My Mango Cheesecake
How To Start
For this cheesecake you can use a round baking pan with removable edge and the diameter of 9,4 inches (24 cm). I used a pie plate and that worked too. I buttered the pie plate and put baking paper in it and cut the paper around the edge. If you use a baking pan with removable edge, it looks better but the taste is of course the same. This is a no-bake cheesecake without eggs. The recipe is for 10 people.
Ingredients for preparing the mango cheesecakeClick thumbnail to view full-size
2,5 oz coconut flakes
2,6 oz butter
5,3 oz chocolate cookies
5 leaves of gelatine + 30 grams lemon juice
7 oz whipped cream
7 oz cream cheese
7 oz yoghurt
2,6 oz icing sugar/powdered sugar/confectioner's sugar
0,2 oz vanilla sugar
7 oz mango puree
1 leave of gelatine
3,5 oz mango puree
- Start with the crust. Put the coconut flakes in a dry frying pan. Roast the coconut flakes until they are yellow. It takes just a couple of minutes. Melt the butter. Put the chocolate cookies in a blender. I don't have a blender. I used a Tupperware Quick Chef instead.
- Put the leaves of gelatine in cold water for 5 minutes.
- Whip the cream for the filling and add the cream cheese. Mix the cream and the cream cheese together. Add the yoghurt, the icing sugar and the vanilla sugar and mix it to a smooth paste.
- Take 5 of the leaves of gelatine and put them in lemon juice in a saucepan and melt them. When melted, pour the lemon juice and gelatine mix into the mango puree while stirring. Then pour that into the cream mixture and stir everything together. Spread this mixture on top of the cake mixture in the baking pan and make it flat.
- Take the last leave of gelatine and melt it in a saucepan with a little mango puree for the topping. When melted, pour it into the rest of the mango puree for the topping. Then drizzle the mango gelatine over the cheesecake and make the pattern you want on the top.
- Put the cake in the refrigerator for at least three hours before serving it. If you prefer you can also decorate the mango cheesecake with flowers or grated chocolate before serving.
How To Make The Mango CheesecakeClick thumbnail to view full-size
Thank you Marcy Goodfleisch. Your hub "How to convert a recipe: Tips on converting measurements and temperatures" gave me the courage to write this hub.
Thank you Melovy for your inspiring hub "Tips for Photographing Food for Cooking Articles and Hubs". It helped me to take the pictures for this hub.
WHY I MADE THIS MANGO CHEESECAKE
I made this mango cheesecake for a special event. My spouse, me and 14 of our friends rented a house for a night. In this house there is a sauna and outdoors there is a bubble bath. This is the third spring in a row we rent the same house. It has become a tradition. We all have small children and are busy and working parents. Getting together to chat is important and this evening we left our children to baby sitters and went to this house that's situated quite close to were we all live.
We ordered pizza, had some good beer and wine to drink with it and I had made a dessert – this MANGO CHEESECAKE. The funny thing is that one of my friends had made a cheesecake too and she had used the same recipe as me. It was a real coincidence! I think everyone of us really liked it.
After we had enjoyed the mango cheesecakes and coffee, the ladies went in the sauna and then hit the outdoor bubble bath. The years before we had enjoyed these hot bubbles surrounded by snow and cold weather. This year we were getting together a month later than the years before and this year the sun hadn't set before we started bathing. After a while, the men joined us and the bubble bath was filled with water, people and laughter. Even if it was crowded it was a nice experience. After the bubble bath, the sun had set and the night was dark. Now it was time for the hot sauna again. What a nice feeling afterwards! And were so tired. All we could think of was to go home and sleep. At 2.30 a.m. I finally laid down in my bed. It had been a wonderful evening with wonderful friends and wonderful mango cheesecakes!
Rate the Mango Cheesecake!
More by this Author
Finland is a small country in northern Europe. I thought you should know about these facts if you ever come to visit Finland.
What are you doing when the weather outside is getting too cold? When you can spend just five minutes outside and feel that you can't stand it anymore becuase of the freezing temperature, it's time to go inside, stay...
There are many creatures in Scandinavian folklore. I have met some of them in an outdoor exhibtion. I'm sure you wouldn't like to meet "Raamt".