How To Make A Sauce Anglaise
Egg Yolks = 5
Granulated Sugar = 30Grams
Milk = 280Mls
Vanilla Pod = 1/Vanilla essence can be used instead 1 x capful
- Mix the egg yolks and half the sugar together.
- Boil rest of the sugar, milk and vanilla.
- Remove from heat and slowly add egg mix to milk, stirring continuously.
- Return the mixture to the heat or in a bain-marie, cook without boiling until coating the back of a spoon. Ensure mixture does not boil.
If the mixture splits/curdles you may be able to bring it back by whizzing in a Robot-coupe.
- Plastic Spatula/Wooden Spoon.
- Sauce Pan 2 Pt.
- Mixing Bowl.
- Serving Jug/Sauce Boat
Video for making Sauce Anglaise
No comments yet.