How To Make An Easy Ice Cream Sundae
There are special times in our life when it's time for a celebration. Making some simple and easy ice cream sundaes may be just the ticket for one of those times. It doesn't have to be complicated or expensive - most of your condiments can be purchased at the grocery store or local dollar store.
Last Sunday one of our Sunday School teachers decided to reward the kids for good behavior by giving them an ice cream sundae party. I got the idea to do this after seeing how organized, simple and put together she made it just by using certain toppings and using a universal ice cream that all kids like.
- 5 gallon tub Neapolitan ice cream, chocolate, vanilla and strawberry
- 1 package nuts of your choice, almonds, peanuts or pecans
- 1 package gummy worms, Dots, sour gummies and/or candy worms
- 1 can whipped cream, any kind will do
- I package Oreo cookies, chopped into about 6 pieces
- 1 bottle syrup (squeeze bottle), chocolate, strawberry and/or caramel
- 1 or 2 aluminum cupcake tins
- 4-8 Teaspoons for toppings
- 1 bottle sprinkle dots, in any color
Instructions for making easy ice cream sundaes
- Buy the big container of Neapolitan ice cream so the kids (or adults) can choose what kind of ice cream they want (or maybe all of them!) Get an ice cream scooper or better yet a big serving spoon.
- Open your condiments and toppings and fill up your muffin tins with the toppings of your choice. Ours included gummy worms, M&M's, slivered almonds and Oreo cookies broken into pieces.
- Bring out your whipped cream and syrup bottles and it's time for the party to begin! (and of course you will need bowls for the ice cream sundaes, napkins and teaspoons)
Additional ice cream sundae toppings
I have to say this was one of the easiest ways I have seen to make ice cream sundaes. Here are a few more toppings that would be fun to add, Some would require a bit more work but if you have time go for it!
Additional toppings you could add:
- chocolate chips
- marshmallow topping (yum!)
Poll on ice cream sundaes
Did this hub inspire you?See results without voting
Ice cream sundae celebrations
I could think of many celebrations that these simple ice cream sundaes would be great for:
- Birthday parties
- Kids classroom parties
- Special Sunday school events
- Pajama parties
- Womens retreats (or even men's retreats!)
- Christmas desserts
- Other holiday events like Valentines Day
- Fund-raisers (what a great way to bring in money for a great cause!)
- At special family gatherings
Many thanks for our children's learning center director Kavisha Rodriguez for always coming up with great ways to encourage and reward the children! I just got to be part of the fun - and share it here...
Enjoy your sundae!
Rate Easy Ice Cream Sundaes
More by this Author
Has your dog got skunked? Are you holding your nose and trying to figure out how to get the skunk smell out of your dog? Look no further, this writer shares her story and also how to remove the skunk smell naturally,...
- EDITOR'S CHOICE47
You can give your puppies and dogs shots by yourself if you cannot afford to take your puppies to the vet. You can learn how to do this here with these step by step instructions and what you need.
- EDITOR'S CHOICE445
Hit your head hard and don't feel right—foggy, in pain, or having trouble remembering? You may have a concussion. Check these symptoms to see if you may have had a concussion and need to see a doctor.