How To Make Banbury Cakes
Currants 50 g
Cake crumbs 150 g
Mixed peel 10 g
Syrup 50 g
Puff pastry trimmings 600 g
Caster sugar 100 g
Mixed spice 5 g
1. Roll out the pastry trimmings 3 mm thick and cut into
circles using a 10 cm plain pastry cutter.
2. Warm the syrup in a saucepan, add all the dry
ingredients except the caster sugar then bind together.
3. Place 25 g of the mixture into the centre of each circle
4. Wet the edges of the pastry. Bring the edges together
making a point at each end to form a boat shape.
5. Turn over the cakes and carefully flatten them with a
rolling pin, keeping them boat shaped.
6. Brush the upper surface with water then dip in the
caster sugar. Place onto the baking trays and make 2 or
3 diagonal incisions with the point of a knife.
7. Bake in an oven at 175°
C for 25 minutes.
No comments yet.