How To Make Chicken Galantina From Scratch
Learn to prepare chicken galantina and you are on your way to impress your friends and loved ones with another masterpiece in the kitchen.
Chicken galantina is whole chicken that has been deboned, stuffed, wrapped in cheesecloth or aluminum foil then steamed until cooked. The stuffing is a mixture of ground pork, sausage, hard-boiled eggs, ham, carrots, raisins, cheese, peas and pickles. When cooked, chicken galantina is sliced and served with gravy.
- 1.3 kilos chicken, dressed and deboned except for the legs and wings
- 1/4 kilo sweet ham, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet pickel relish
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup white onions, minced
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 small can liver spread or potted meat
- 2 medium-sized eggs
- 1 can chicken sausage
- 4 large eggs, hard-boiled
- 1 tbsp table salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
Liquid for steaming:
2 pcs. chicken broth cubes
3 cups water
- Marinate the deboned chicken in lemon juice or kalamansi, soy sauce and pepper for an hour then set aside.
- In a bowl, mix ground chicken, ground pork and white onions. Add raisins, sweet ham, cheese and peas then blend well. Add pickle relish, liver spread and beaten eggs. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and set aside in the meantime.
- Close the neck portion of the chicken using a string to secure the meat inside. Drain the chicken and put the mixture into the deboned chicken avoiding any space in between.
- Together with the rest of the stuffing, insert 2 hard-boiled eggs under the wings and 2 near the legs and 4 pieces of sausage arranged lenghtwise. Don't overstuff the chicken because steaming tends to expand stuffing.
- Close the chicken now then tie the legs with string. Using your hand, butter the whole chicken. Then wrap it and sew to edges to secure the stuffing.
- Cool the chicken at room temperature before removing the cheesecloth. Untie the strings, wrap it in foil and put in refrigerator.
- Carefully hold the legs and wings and take it out on a platter. Cut it in the center and make serving slices garnished with cucumber, bell pepper, lettuce and curled spring onion leaves.
How To Make Chicken Galantina-thanks to discbshrim
Benefits of eating chicken
Chicken meat is low in fat and rich in proteins. That's true. It's the skin that contains the fat that can be harmful to the body.
Have you tried making chicken galantina?See results without voting
© 2012 Zee Mercado
More by this Author
Pansit Malabon is a favorite noodle dish of Filipinos around the world. It is a special dish served to family and friends during special occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries, and baptisms.
The milkfish is a type of salt-water fish that is abundant in the waters of the Pacific and Indian Oceans and tend to live close to the islands, coasts and coral reefs. It is an important source of food of people from...
Amino acids are the building blocks of proteins whose important components are carbon, hydrogen, oxygen and nitrogen. There are 22 amino acids, 9 of which are called essential amino acids because it is...