How To Make Chocolate Meringue Cookies | The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
Good Day! As always, I hope this finds each of you and all of you in good health and cheer. Here is another bit of sweetness from “The Cupboard Drawer”; this provided by a dear friend of my Mom, Dorothy; Mrs. Marion Rogers. This is another great Holiday recipe and Military Family Resource Groups, and Army Moms may find this useful as this is another recipe that “Travels” well even during the hot times of the year.
2 Egg Whites
½ Cup Cocoa
1 ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
Colored Sugar Sprinkles Toppings
1. Grease Cookie Sheets and Set Aside (I use Pam Spray) Pre heat Oven to 300 Deg
2. In a Medium Mixing Bowl beat the egg whites until stiff. (Peaks will round or droop a bit)
3. Continue Beating while adding Sugar. Beat until Very Stiff (Peaks stand at attention straight up)
4. Fold in the Cocoa.
5. Drop on cookie sheet by teaspoon-full and add sugar toppings
6. Bake in the 300 deg oven of 15 mins or until light brown
Yield 24 Cookies
If you want to add some additional flavor you can add ¼ teaspoon of peppermint extract, or vanilla extract, of almond extract during step 3.
These make great cookies to send out to your loved ones and friends any time of year but the sprinkles are a great holiday touch. As always eat responsibly and enjoy….
More by this Author
An adult only version of Twas the Night before Christmas, retitled "Twas the Night Before X-mas" Great adult party poem keeping in the seasons lighter side...Twas the night before x-mas; And all through the...
Here are a few of the $100K jobs available.. Jobs are in US Government locations overseas., Potential 100K+ during periods of deployment,
Easy diet dinner basics that can be used for 36 different meals off just these ingredients. A great set of night time diet recipes for less than 500 calories per meal. Pretty simple weight loss idea, as for the food Do...