How To Make Delicious Indian Pork Vindaloo-Easy Recipe
Pork in India
Indian Pork dishes are made according to the different regions one lives in. Goans are famous for their Pork Sorpotel, pork vindaloo. Mangaloreans have their version of pork vindaloo,and pork chops.The Coorgis love their pandi (pork) curry which is a must have at all marriages and feasts. No matter where the dish is from,the Indian pork recipe is spicy,tangy and simply delicious. Eaten with bread,Indian breads such as paratha,roti,or rice, Indians love this dish.The Mangaloreans eat this with sanas which is a type of idli (a batter made of urad dhal and rice),but with toddy added to it for the fermenting process.
Here I will discuss the making of the Indian Pork Vindaloo. It is a blend of both Goan and Mangalorean.This recipe has been handed down from my great grandmother and the family and friends enjoy eating this on occasions and is looked forward to with great anticipation.
The choice of pork for the pork vindaloo is important. Pork with medium fat is best chosen and cut up into small pieces so as to let the pork absorb the spices well.The dish is very flavourful and gives out an aroma you cannot miss.
SPICY,TANGY AND FINGER LICKING GOOD
- Pork with medium fat 1/2 KG
- Onions 2 Large
- Tomatoes 2 Large
- Ginger Garlic Paste 4 Tsp
- Coriander Powder 4 Tsp
- Chilli Powder 2 Tsp
- Green Chillies 3-4
- Pepper corns 10
- Cinnamon 2 small sticks
- Cloves 3-4
- Mustard seeds 2 Tsp
- Salt to taste
- Sunflower/Peanut Oil 2 Tbsp
- Vinegar 2 Tbsp
Hot Tip: Vinegar may be used instead of tomatoes, to give better tangy taste and brings out the spicy flavour)
- Dry grind all the mustard seeds,pepper corns,cinnamon and cloves.
- Mince onions and green chillies in a mixer and set aside.
- Puree' the tomatoes and set aside.
- Choose a pressure cooker and light the stove.
- Pour the oil when the cooker is hot.
- Add the minced onions and green chillies and fry till golden.
- Add the ginger garlic paste,and masala powders and continue frying.
- Puree'd tomatoes go in next if you are using them.
- The pork pieces and salt go in soon after the oil separates.
- Let the pork get coated with all the masala well as you mix it.
- Add a 1/2 cup of water and cover the lid.
- Let cook for 10 minutes after the pressure cooker begins to whistle, on low heat.
- Open the lid after releasing the steam and dry all the water. If you are using vinegar instead of tomatoes, now is the time to add.
- Cook till oil floats on top.
- Serve hot.
- Sliced onions soaked in vinegar and salt is served as salad.
My pick of accompaniment for this delicious,spicy,tangy pork vindaloo is the idli or the sana as they are soft and spongy and absorb the flavours of the dish very well, giving you a very flavourful mouthful. And a long lasting after taste! Asking when can we have some more! And then,when can we prepare it again! That is exactly what happens over at our home,every time!
Try These! You will Love Cooking-Indian Style
- How To Make The Perfect Fragrant CHICKEN BIRYANI The...
Asians and Indians in particular love the spicy dish called Biryani.It is mildly fragrant,a complete meal in itself,prepared with rice and chicken.Lamb may also be used instead of chicken.Festivals and...
- How To Make An Aromatic Chicken Curry
Tasty Chicken Curry Chicken curry is a favourite among South Asians.India in particular has a variety of chicken curries to offer based on the region it is prepared in.It may be spicy in some regions,spicier...
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor's Recipes
More by this Author
My mouth is watering as I write this recipe on simple home made chicken kababs. Kababs come in different colours,sizes,fried or cooked in a tandoor. A clay oven cylindrical and fired from the bottom is known as a...
Asians and Indians in particular love the spicy dish called Biryani.It is mildly fragrant,a complete meal in itself,prepared with rice and chicken.Lamb may also be used instead of chicken.Festivals and marriages...
I took this picture very early in the morning while the lady of the house was drawing this festive rangoli. The unfinished design shows earthern pots with rice being cooked and sugar canes, which are part of every...