How To Make Eccles Cakes
Currants 50 g
Cake crumbs 150 g
Mixed peel 10 g
Syrup 50 g
Puff pastry trimmings 600 g
Caster sugar 100 g
Mixed spice 5 g
1. Roll out the puff pastry trimmings 3 mm thick and cut
into rounds using a 10 cm plain pastry cutter.
2. Warm the syrup in a saucepan, add all the dry
ingredients except the caster sugar and bind together.
3. Place 25 g of the mixture into the centre of each round
4. Wet the edges of the pastry, bring the edges together
into the centre to form a medallion shape.
5. Turn over the cakes and carefully flatten them with a
rolling pin keeping a regular shape.
6. Brush the upper surface with water then dip into the
7. Place onto baking trays and make 2 or 3 incisions with
the point of a knife.
8. Bake in an oven 175°
C for 25 minutes or until golden
No comments yet.