Homemade Recipes - How To Make Homemade Mango Lassi Indian Drink
Make Home Made Mango Lassi Drink
Mango Lassi is one of the most popular fruit drinks for Asians. If you go to a restaurant you will be offered this famous refreshing fresh drink. Mango Lassi is made fresh and can be sweetened to your requirements with added sugar or honey. This drink is healthy too, so you can drink as much as you like!
In India, salt lassi or sweet lassi is the way forward, but in USA or UK mango lassi is the ONE drink for anyone and everyone! Mango lassi is on top of the Asian drinks list, so don't miss out and make your own at home!
This drink is very healthy as it consists of fresh natural ingredients. Also it is part of your five a day!
I am sharing my favourite Mango lassi recipe with you to enjoy on any occasion.
My mango lassi recipe is fresh, simple to make and is especially fantastic for a refreshing drink on a hot summers day!
This is an easy mango lassi recipe, so i'm sure you'll enjoy making it as well as drinking it. You will need these ingredients to make your own home made mango lassi drink for up to four people:
- Fresh mango or mango puree - 2 mangoes or 1/2 pint of mango puree (fresh ripe mango is best, or Kesar mango puree is recommended if you can get hold of it tinned)
- Yogurt - 1 pint of yogurt (standard yogurt is ok, or you can use any other plain yogurt you like)
- Sugar - 4 tablespoons or to taste, or you can use pure honey 6 tablespoons or to taste
- Ice cubes - about 6 pieces (to give it a fresh chilling taste)
- Carnation milk - 8 tablespoons or to taste (carnation milk gives the mango lassi a fuller and smoother taste)
The Home Made Mango Lassi Recipe
- Place the ice cubes and yogurt in the blender, and blend for about 10 seconds just to break the ice down
- Add the mango puree and sugar/honey and blend for another 30 seconds
- Finally add the rest of the ingredients and blend for up to about 1 minute
- When you notice the mango lassi drink looking smooth and runny with the ice melted inside the blender, you have nearly completed the process to making your own home made mango lassi drink!
- Before you finish, taste the drink and see if it is sweet enough for you, if not then add more sugar/honey
- Pour the mango lassi into the four glasses
- Enjoy your refreshing home made mango lassi with your friends and family!
I hope you enjoy your drink, if so please share this recipe with your friends and family.
Make Your Mango Lassi More Exciting!
Why not make your fresh drink more exciting by adding more enticing ingredients?
You can also add:
- A couple of pinches of ground pistachio over the top
- A dash of ground cardamom in the mixture
- Full fat milk or fresh cream instead of carnation milk
- Be naughty and add a dollop of whipped cream over the top
- Use your imagination and create your own mango lassi drink, but don't forget to keep the yogurt, mangoes and ice as the main ingredients!
- How To Make Mango Lassi - Indian Drink
Mango Lassi is a favourite drink among Asian communities, and is available in most restaurants and takeaways. i have been given this recipe, once again, from my friend Shuhel Rana, who has been in the Indian food business for a very long time. ...
- Recipe for Indian Onion Salad/Chutney/Dips for Poppa...
Everyone loves Indian onion salad or chutney with their poppadoms to enjoy the fresh, crisp taste of onions, cucumbers and garden mint. You have come to the right place for a simple and easy online recipe on how to make Indian onion salad or chutney.
- How To Make Indian Salad - Quick And Easy Recipes
This is a recipe for a very Special Indian Salad, given to me by friend. It is very healthy for you, as all salads are, and some of the ingredients include mustard seeds, corriander and honey.
- How to Make Indian Spiced/Spicy Tea or Chai
Indian tea is very popular amongst Asian Communities. It is very good for you, with all the nutrients of the spices. Tea is grown in India, Bangladesh and many other countries and exported worldwide. So many countries have so many special tasting...
More by this Author
This is a quick and easy online onion chutney recipe for people who want to save time and money by making their own at home
How to make Indian onion chutney for poppadoms that you buy from Indian takeaways. Quick and easy recipe for onion chutney/salad/dip for poppadoms.
This is a true short story about my experience of being attacked by a Jinn. I was nearly killed in my sleep. You may call it sleep paralysis, but I believe otherwise! Do Jinns exist? Yes!