Guide on How To Coat and Dip Homemade Chocolate Candy: Homemade Polvorons
How To Dip And Coat Homemade Chocolate Candies: Homemade Polvorons
Dipping and Coating is another technique of covering homemade chocolate candies like homemade assorted polvorons with melted or tempered chocolate. This technique can also be used to cover fresh fruits, candied ginger, candied orange peels, pretzels, bread sticks, biscuits, marshmallows and other confections.
For this article we will discuss about dipping and coating assorted homemade polvorons. You can either use melted chocolate (no need to temper) or use tempered chocolate to dip or coat the finished assorted homemade polvorons (recipe available here).
Prepare equipments and ingredients to be used.
How To Dip And Coat Assorted Homemade Polvorons: A Step-By-Step Guide
- Polvorons crumbles easily, so it is important to refrigerate first the finished polvorons to harden it for easy handling. In my case, I discovered that it is much easier to dip and coat the polvorons in melted or tempered chocolate if I allow them to harden in the refrigerator for 24 hours. I place the polvorons in a rectangular aluminum tray with cover (catering tray). I line the tray with parchment paper, carefully arrange the bottom layer of the polvorons, line the top of the polvorons with parchment paper and carefully arrange the second layer, and repeat the process up to the last polvoron about to be dipped and coated.
- Take out the polvoron about to be dip and coated by batch.
- Prepare and line several trays with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or in a microwave oven. Please refer to the step-by-step guide on how to melt and temper chocolate here.
- Be sure to bring the melted or tempered chocolate to working temperature depending on the type of chocolate you are using by referring to the quick guide here before dipping or coating the polvorons.
- Use rubber gloves in handling the chocolate coated polvorons to avoid leaving your finger prints on the chocolate.
- When the chocolate is set and hardened, wrap the chocolate dipped or coated polvorons individually in colored or clear plastic cellophane or place individually in plain or colorful fluted paper cups.
How To Dip And Coat Assorted Homemade Polvorons In Chocolate- (Top Or Half Only):
- Hold the polvoron with your thumb and index finger. Dip the polvoron halfway into the melted or tempered chocolate (if coating the other half only), dip one side of the polvoron (if dipping top portion only) and let the excess chocolate drip back into the bowl of melted or tempered chocolate.
- Place and let it set on the tray lined with parchment paper. Repeat the process until all the polvorons are dipped and coated in the melted or tempered chocolate.
How to Dip and Coat assorted homemade polvorons in chocolate- (whole):
- Drop each polvoron in melted or tempered chocolate. Turn it upside-down with a fork or a dipping tool to coat the whole polvoron with the melted or tempered chocolate.
- Lift the coated polvoron with the fork or a dipping tool allowing the excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl and slightly tap the fork or dipping tool against the rim of the bowl to further remove the excess chocolate.
- Place the coated polvoron and let it set on the tray lined with parchment paper.
- You can use white chocolate for variation.
- You can drizzle the chocolate-dipped or coated polvorons with melted chocolate if desired.
- You can add a tablespoon of CBS or Cocoa Butter Substitute to thin the melted or tempered chocolate for a thinner consistency.
Chocolate Dipped,Coated and Drizzled with Extra Chocolate Assorted Homemade PolvoronsClick thumbnail to view full-size
More by this Author
Step-By-Step Guide: Pour tempered chocolate into each lollipop mold. Gently tap mold to remove air bubbles. Position lollipop sticks in each mold. Gently rotate lollipop sticks to thoroughly cover it with the...
Easy Step-By-Step Guide: Melt and temper the chocolate of your choice. (Refer to How to Temper Chocolate Guide). Bring melted chocolate to working temperature (refer to guide). Either spoon the tempered chocolate...
http://glorgeousmom.blogspot.com/2012/11/famous-and-popular-quotes-in-photos.html The moral degradation of our society today is one of the causes of emotional despair. Nothing can ease the pain when someone is hurting...