How To Make Homemade Coconut Ice Cream with Caramelized Bananas: Cambodian Caramel Food Recipes at Home!
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- A Chilling Period of 30 minutes for Ice Cream
- Cooking Time: only 15 minutes!
Home Made Ice Cream
Ice Cream is a delicious treat but did you know that you can make it from home? That's right! This Hub Article will guide you through the steps to make Delicious Coconut Ice Cream with Caramelized Bananas.
This is a Southeast Asian Khmer recipe from Cambodia and is best if served with Sweet Soybean Cake with Coconut.
We will break the Ingredients down to 2 parts. The first is for the Ice Cream and the second is for the Caramelized Bananas.
Let's have a look at the Coconut Ice Cream Ingredients:
Coconut Ice Cream Ingredients
How To Prepare
1 3/4 cups (400 ml)
Sweetened Condensed Milk
3/4 cup (185 ml)
1/2 cup (125 ml)
Coconut Ice Cream
- Combine the Ice Cream Ingredients together into an Ice Cream Maker. If you don't have an Ice Cream Maker, don't worry! Just put the contents in the freezer in a bowl and you should expect the same results.
- Stir regularly with either a Hand Mixer or "pulse" in a Food Processor so that the mix stays mixed!
- Allow to remain in freezer for at least 30 minutes or until it has a consistency of Ice Cream.
Here's That Food Processor You Always Dreamed Of!
Now we will look at the Ingredients for the Caramelized Bananas:
**This recipe includes Peanuts. Make sure your party does not have Food Allergies before Serving!**
Caramelized Bananas Ingredients
How To Prepare
Fresh Ripe Bananas
Just a Small Pinch!
1/4 cup (60 ml)
Caramelize the Bananas
- Roughly Mash the Peeled Bananas.
- Add the Sugar and Salt, Peanuts, and Water into a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Stir Regularly and cook until mixture starts to caramelize.
- Once caramelized, reduce heat and add the Mashed Bananas.
- Mix until Bananas are completely covered and the syrup has reduced.
- Set aside to cool.
You are now ready to serve! Serve a Scoop of Ice Cream with a Spoonful of the Caramelized Bananas and enjoy!
This recipe is best if accompanied by Sweet Soybean Cake With Coconut! Follow the link to Learn How to Make it!
Make Frozen Yogurt, Ice Cream and Sorbet Easily At Home!
More Cambodian Recipes by J.S.Matthew
- How To Make Asian Cambodian Pickled Vegetables In 24 Hours
Want to learn how to make Pickles in only 24 Hours? This recipe is easy to use and takes less than a half hour to prepare, but needs to sit overnight to marinate. Unlike most pickled vegetables recipes, this recipe does not require you to go through
- Learn How To Speak and Write Cambodian: An Introduction To The Khmer Language
An introduction to Khmer, the language of Cambodia. Includes pronunciation, character/letter writing, original photos and drawings. This is the best guide for a beginner who wants to learn how to read, write, and speak Khmer Cambodian.
- How To Make Healthy Fresh Spring Salad Summer Rolls With Shrimp Rice Paper Recipe
Many Asian cultures eat Spring Rolls (often called Salad or Summer Rolls) but this recipe comes from Cambodia, Southeast Asia. You can add shrimp or omit it depending on your desired taste.
- How To Make Green Mango, Chili Coriander, and Tamarind Asian Dipping Sauces
In the first article of this series, we explored the Basic Ingredients for Cooking Cambodian-Southeast Asian Food. One of the most common foods found in Cambodian, and many other Southeast Asian homes, that are easy to make and inexpensive, are Dippi
- How To Make 3 Basic Cambodian Khmer Curry Dishes for Chicken, Seafood, or Meat and A Tangy Ham and V
One of the most enjoyed dishes in Cambodia, Southeast Asia, India and all over the world, is Curry. Curry has a very distinct aroma and taste. You can season Pork, Chicken, Beef, or Lamb with Curry, and these recipes are easy to make and don't take
- My Soul Mate Found Me! A Short Essay On Karma Love and My Beautiful Cambodian Wife!
A love story about 2 people who would have never met, except for a series of unfortunate events that brought them together. Dealing with failed relationships and surviving the Khmer Rouge, an ethnic cleansing regime in Cambodia's dark past.
- How To Make Honey Glazed Chicken: A Khmer Southeast Asian Recipe
Traditionally, this dish is cooked in an earthenware pot. These pots are usually hand-made in the Kampong Chang region. The pot is placed in a small barbecue to add a smoky flavor to the dish. The herbs and spices flavors are arroused by the content
- About Cambodia, Srok Khmer: Facts, Fun, and Photos: A Guide To Cambodian Culture
Cambodia has a long and interesting history, including one of the worst atrocities to ever happen to a single country. The Khmer Rouge killed millions of innocent people in this genocide. This article includes recent pictures that my wife took on he
- 2 Quick Appetizer Recipes: How To Make Shrimp Fritters and Sweet Potato Rolls with Ginger
Are you looking for quick, easy and delicious appetizer recipes? Then look no further! This article has 2 recipes: Shrimp Fritters and a recipe for Sweet Potato Rolls with Ginger. The recipes come from Cambodia, Southeast Asia and were influenced by
- Southeast Asian Water Festival in Lowell, MA: Photo Journey
The Southeast Asian Water Festival in Lowell, MA is held on the third Saturday of August every year. This article is a display of the events through Original Photos (Are You in one of them?) and descriptions of the Festival's Vendors and Events...
- How To Make Healthy Cambodian Khmer Raw Vegetable, Fruit and Herb Plate Recipe
Sick of the same old salad? Want a new Healthy Recipe? This Recipe combines Raw Vegetables and Fruit with a selection of Fine Herbs and Spices. It is also a healthy dish because of the Ingredients used.
More by this Author
- 8How To Cook Pot Roast In a Cast Iron Dutch Oven: Recipe Ingredients and Directions with Photo Review
Learn How to Cook and Make Traditional American Pot Roast. This recipe feeds 6-8 people and uses a Cast Iron Dutch Oven. Simple Ingredients and Preparation. Amaze your family with this classic dinner recipe!
This recipe is a Southeast Asian Khmer Cambodian Recipe that was influenced by the French during the Colonial Period. Of course, as Cambodians always do, they made a recipe into their own using Coconuts which are native...
- 37How To Make A Chess Board: Guide To Drawing, Scoring and Wood Burning Techniques To Create Homemade Chess Checkers Board
Do You Like Playing Chess or Checkers? Do You Enjoy Wood-Working at Home? Have You Ever Considered Creating a Unique Chessboard of Your Own? Well now you can with these simple do-it-yourself instructions!