How To Make Italian Meringue
Egg Whites x 16
Granulated Sugar 920Grams
Cream Of Tartar x 1 Level Teaspoon
- Place sugar, water and cream of tartar into a clean pan and cook to a soft ball stage 118 Degrees Celcius.
- While the syrup is cooking, whisk the egg whites to a stiff peak.
- Slowly pour the hot syrup onto the beaten egg whites, whisking continously until cool.
- Use a Piping bag and star/plain nozzle to pipe to the desired shape.
- Place in an oven at 50 Degrees Celcius overnight preferabbly to dry out mixture.
If the egg whites are not coming to a stiff peak your mixing bowl may have been dirty and will have to start again.