How To Make Jam Doughnuts
Basic bun dough 500 g
Red jam 100 g
Caster sugar 200 g
Cinnamon 5 g
1. Oil a baking tray and set it aside in a warm place.
2. Prepare a basic bun dough, prove until double in
size then knock it back.
3. Divide it into ten equal sized pieces, mould these
into balls and place onto the baking tray.
4. Cover with a cloth and prove in a warm place - a
prover should not be used to double in size then lift
each doughnut carefully from the tray and deep fry
in oil at 190°C turning them to ensure an even
5. Transfer to a pastry wire to drain off excess oil and
to go cold.
6. Mix the cinnamon with the castor sugar and cut the
doughnuts two thirds through.
7. Using a piping bag containing a 5 mm plain tube put
red jam into each doughnut.
8. Roll the doughnuts in the sugar and cinnamon mix