How To Make 5 Minute Microwave Brownie Pudding
Delicious Chocolate Brownie Pudding - Ready in 15 Minutes
This recipe is so simple that I just had to share it.
I was desperate for ideas for a dessert a few weeks ago and came upon a recipe for microwaved brownies.
Now I will be honest, I am not a huge brownie fan myself but I do like a nice chocolate pudding with some cream.
I adapted this brownie recipe to create a 5 minute microwave chocolate brownie recipe which can be eaten as a pudding.
It has snowed this week in my part of England and this hot dessert went down a treat last night and best of all from getting the ingredients out of your cupboard and fridge, weighing out and being ready to eat only takes 15 minutes.
I hope you will give it a try - decadent, gooey, yummy!
5 Minute Microwave Brownie Pudding Ingredients
- 70g Plain Flour, Sieved/Sifted
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 2 Eggs
- 150g Butter, Melted
- 65g Cocoa Powder
- Chocolate chips or Dark chocolate, chopped if using slab chocolate
5 Minute Microwave Brownie Pudding Method...
- Melt your butter in the microwave in a large mixing bowl
- Into the melted butter, add sugar, stir well until all combined
- Add vanilla essence and stir
- Add the cocoa, no need to sift, stir well.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking gently after adding each one. Ensure eggs are thoroughly combined.
- Sift in the flour and combine thoroughly.
- Mix in about two thirds of the chocolate chunks or pieces and stir well.
- Pour the Brownie mixture into a microwavable bowl - I I use a round bowl because we eat it like a 'pudding' but for brownie slices, use a shallow square or rectangular dish. Place the remaining third of the chocolate on top of the batter, press in slightly with the back of a spoon.
- Cook Brownie mixture in microwave for 4-5 minutes. I check mine after 4 with a skewer, ensure you hit an area of brownie mix not studded with chocolate! If it needs more time, allow another minute at most. Brownie Pudding will continue to cook for a little while after it has come out of the microwave so it will never need more that 5 minutes.
- I have found that the consistency is better after a night in the fridge but hey, it's brownies, if you want to eat them straight away with ice cream, cream or custard who am I to stop you!
Nutritional Value - Yeah, right!
You may notice that I have not included the 'nutritional value' for this 5 Minute Microwave Brownie Recipe.
I don't think you eat brownies for their nutrition, you eat them in a moment of decadence and because they are chocolatey, sweet, gooey and yummy.
That said, if you want a slightly more nutritious version - cut the sugar content in half and use finely chopped pitted dates instead (soak them in a little boiling water to make them soft) for the extra sweetness - still very tasty!
Happy eating. Many thanks for reading.
More by this Author
How to make delicious pulled pork sandwiches. Serve with barbecue sauce. It is tasty and so, so tender. Thank you USA!
How to make chilli jam. Nando's chilli jam costs about $1 a pop. You can make chilli jam at home for a fraction of the cost, chilli jam as hot and spicy or sweet and mild as you want.
A look at some of the best British TV Shows & Series 1970s and 1980s. British TV in the 70s picked up where the 60s left off especially with great British comedy and some iconic TV drama shows.