How To Make Mouth Melting Macaroons
Ground almonds 200 g
Ground rice 25 g
Caster sugar 300 g
Icing sugar 100 g
Split almonds for decoration 30
Rice paper 3 sheets
1. Separate the egg whites from the yolks.
2. Lightly oil the baking trays and line them with rice
3. Mix all the dry ingredients together, omitting the split
4. Add the egg whites and a few drops of almond essence,
mix to a smooth paste.
5. Using a piping bag containing a 13 mm plain piping
tube pipe the mixture onto the rice paper in button
shapes 2.5 cm in diameter and 1.5 cm apart.
6. Damp them with a wet brush. Place a split almond on
each and bake in an oven at 175°
C until crisp and light