How To Make Mozzarella Sticks at Home
This is the same cheesy appetizer that you order from the pizza joint, minus the wait time and price mark-up. Use the easy recipe below to make mozzarella sticks at home, and cut out the delivery guy!
(The recipe below will make 24 mozzarella sticks)
- a deep fryer with basket
- a sharp knife
- an electric mixer or wire whisk
- a measuring cup
- measuring spoons
- 2 shallow dishes
- a baking sheet
- a wire rack
- (2) 16oz. blocks mozzarella cheese
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups fine dry Italian bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- peanut oil
- marinara sauce
- Using a sharp knife slice each mozzarella cheese block into 12 sticks. (each stick should be approximately 4"x1/2")
- In a shallow dish combine the bread crumbs, flour, salt and black pepper.
- In another shallow dish combine the water and the slightly beaten eggs.
- Dip the sticks of mozzarella cheese into the egg mixture, then roll them through the breadcrumb mixture to coat uniformly.
- Align the mozzarella sticks on a baking sheet. Cover and freeze for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat the peanut oil in a deep fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Fry the mozzarella sticks in the basket for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Do not crowd the mozzarella sticks while cooking. Unless you are using an extra large deep fryer or a turkey fryer, you will need to fry your cheese sticks about 6 at a time.
- Using long handled tongs carefully remove your mozzarella sticks from the oil, and allow the to drain on a wire rack for 5 minutes,
- Serve your delicious homemade mozzarella sticks with warm marinara sauce for dipping, and enjoy!
If the mozzarella sticks were frozen for more than a couple of hours, allow them to sit at room temperature for fifteen minute before frying them.
More Fun Recipes:
- How To Make Corn Dogs
Perfect for any outside gathering, these easy to make homemade corn dogs will have you looking for the funnel cake vendor! 8 hot dogs 1 cup yellow cornmeal 2/3 cup all purpose flour 1 1/2 tsp baking...
- Cajun Deep Fried Turkey Recipe
Cajun Deep Fried Turkey Prep Time: 30 minutes Fry Time: 3 minutes per pound Yields: 10-15 servings, plus leftovers 1 8-12 pound turkey 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika 1/2 tablespoon salt 3/4...
- Deep Fried Pork Chops on a Stick Recipe
Add a little fun to mealtime tonight and put your dinner on a stick! These deep-fried pork chops are quick and easy to make, so bring a little taste of the state fair right into your back yard! 6 boneless...
More by this Author
If you like Alfredo sauce as much as I do, you have got to try this recipe! This is the absolute best Alfredo sauce recipe you will ever find. This delicious pasta sauce is so simple to make, and takes only about...
When using a turkey fryer it is critical to know how long to cook your bird. The chart below will tell you how much time is needed to safely cook your bird in a turkey fryer. Type of Bird ,Oil Temperature ,Fry Time Per...
The hull (or outerlayer) of a corn kernel is made up of mostly cellulose. Cellulose does not break apart easily when chewed and we humans don't have the enzyme to break it down.