How To Make Vanilla Bavarois-Recipe
How To Make Vanilla Bavarois
Milk 400 ml
Caster sugar 60 g
Double cream 175 ml
Leaf gelatine 15 g
Vanilla essence 15 g
1. Place the leaf gelatine in cold water to soak and soften.
2. Separate the egg yolks from the whites, beat the yolks
and sugar together in a basin, retain the whites.
3. Place the milk into a saucepan, bring to the boil.
4. Whisk the boiling milk onto the yolks and sugar and
return the mixture to the saucepan.
5. Carefully stir over the heat until the mixture cooks and
just masks the back of the spoon. The mixture should
6. Withdraw from the heat, add the vanilla essence.
7. Remove the gelatine from the water, drain and add it to
the hot liquid stirring until it dissolves.
8. Pass the mixture through a conical strainer into a clean
basin and allow to cool, stirring occasionally to prevent
9. When the mixture is cold and beginning to thicken,
whisk the egg whites to a stiff peak and lightly whisk
the cream until it begins to thicken.
10. Fold in the cream then fold in the egg whites.
11. Pour the mixture into moulds, and place in a
refrigerator or on ice.
12. Turn out and decorate for service.
No comments yet.