How To Make Your Own Yeast Starter With Two Ingredients For All Your Baking Needs
Here is a really easy recipe to make your own yeast starter for great breads and many other baking needs. Natural yeast starters were used for hundreds of years and are still used today. This can be made with several different ingredients, however with some experimenting, this way has given the best results. Natural yeast has also been used for those that have intestinal issues, as it is supposed to be easier on our systems. So step back in time with me and find out how you can make your own yeast for all your baking and cooking needs. So help your tummy and your wallet with this super easy recipe.
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2-1 cup flour
- First add a cup of raisins into a mason jar with a lid.
- Fill to an inch of the lid with spring or bottled water and shake well.
- Cover tightly for a week, while daily opening up the jar to release excess gas.
- When bubbles are present and raisins are floating, it is now time to drain the raisin out, saving liquid.
- Add 1 cup of flour to saved liquid and mix well.
- Recap the jar and wait another day. Cap should not be on tight, just loosely on there. Once again, open daily to release gases and pressure.
- Now your starter is ready. Use 1 teaspoon of mixture for 1 loaf of bread. When your starter is half way gone, you can add more flour and wait two more days. This can be done many many times to keep the same batch going. If at some point is not risng the bread as needed, merely make another batch.
So as always, let me know what you think. Give this recipe a try and let me know how it works for you. You can also omit the flour step and use the liquid to make your own carbonation drinks. I hope you like this as much as I do. Thanks for reading!
More by this Author
5 great ways to use one of the staples in your pantry for quick meal idea
Here is the answer to the age old question. Below are five recipes and meal plans for a week of dinners accompanied by a small grocery list to create them; all under 30 dollars. The amount of food is plenty for 2-4...
A quick and easy cheesecake recipe that takes only a few minutes to prepare with a pre-made graham cracker crust. Everyone will love this!