How To Make a Perfect Cheese Omelet
So many times I've tried to make a cheese omelet at home, and the results usually weren't very pretty. That is until a friend showed me her technique for making a perfect omelet. Don't fuss with slop that sticks to the pan or falls apart when you try to fold it. Read this recipe, and learn how to make a perfect cheese omelet every time.
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar, Monterey Jack, or Swiss cheese
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp butter
- a pinch of salt
- a dash of black pepper
You Will Need:
- a wooden spoon
- a fork
- a plastic or wooden spatula
- an 8" non-stick skillet with fluted sides
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl. Add the water, salt, and pepper.
- Beat the mixture lightly with a fork just until combined. Do not over beat and allow the mixture to become frothy.
- Heat your skillet over medium-high heat. Melt the butter in the skillet.
- Add your egg mixture to the skillet, and lower the heat to medium. Immediately begin to gently stir the eggs with your spatula. Continue stirring lightly until small pieces of cooked egg appear in the mixture, and are surrounded by liquid egg. At this point stop stirring. Allow the eggs to cook for about 45 seconds more or until the mixture is shiny and set.
- Sprinkle about 1/4 cup of the shredded cheese across the middle of the omelet. Reserve the remaining cheese.
- Using your spatula lift one edge of the omelet and fold it to the center. Lift the opposite omelet edge, and fold it to slightly overlap the first edge.
- Sprinkle the top of your omelet with the remaining shredded cheese, and with the spatula transfer it to a warm plate.
- Enjoy! Serve your Perfect Cheese Omelet with the easy-to-make recipes below.
- Easy Hash Brown Potatoes Recipe
Serve these easy to make hash browns with eggs and toast for a quick restaurant style breakfast at home. 2 lbs potatoes (6 medium) 1/3 cup finely chopped onion 1/2 tsp salt 1/4 tsp black pepper...
- How To Make Mimosas
If you're planning a Sunday brunch or special breakfast, consider adding these easy to make Mimosas to your menu. One of few cocktails worthy of the breakfast table, Mimosas can turn your event into the...
More by this Author
When using a turkey fryer it is critical to know how long to cook your bird. The chart below will tell you how much time is needed to safely cook your bird in a turkey fryer. Type of Bird ,Oil Temperature ,Fry Time Per...
This is a delicious recipe for a classic Denver Omelet. HereI'll give you the proper tools, techniques and tips required to cook and fold this tasty breakfast dish to perfection!
The hull (or outerlayer) of a corn kernel is made up of mostly cellulose. Cellulose does not break apart easily when chewed and we humans don't have the enzyme to break it down.