How To Make a Perfect Quiche for Under $10
One of the truly beautiful things about making quiche is that, not only is it delicious, but easy to make and cheap as well. This is a recipe for a simple Bacon & Cheese Quiche that costs less than $10, and only takes 1 hour to cook!
Ingredients (and appr. cost):
- 1 Store-bought Pie Shell - Appr. $2.25
- 9 Large Eggs - .20 cents apiece - $1.80
- 1/2 pint Whipping Cream - $2.00
- 1 Package Bacon - $3.00
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheese - Appr. 75 cents
Total Cost: $9.80
- Preperation of Quiche -
- Remove bacon from package and cut into small pieces. Saute in skillet until cooked and remove to drain on a paper towel. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine eggs, whipping cream, cheese and bacon and mix by hand until well-blended. Season with salt and pepper as desired (about a pinch each).
- Carefully pour this mixture into the pie shell and place on cookie-sheet on the center rack of a pre-heated oven.
- Cook at 350-375 degrees for about 50 minutes or until the quiche sets up in the middle.
- Once cooked thoroughly, remove from oven and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing. Serve immediately or store covered in the fridge for up to three days.
This simple and affordable quiche recipe is just perfect for a lazy family brunch, a quick mid-week dinner, holiday breakfasts or any other occasion that may pop up. Preperation time is only a few minutes allowing the cook to spend time with the guests before the meal. One of these quiche will feed up to four people comfortably, making it a very affordable menu item. You can use this recipe for any other combination of ingredients such as ham, asparagus, spinach, mushrooms, sausage, tomato, etc... I hope you found this recipe useful and Bon Apetit!
More by this Author
Let's admit it. Work can be rather... boring? It sure can! We've all suffered the doldrums of cubicle hell, but I present to you here a sure-fire list of things you can do to "liven up" your place of...