How To make Fruit Loaf
Strong flour 300 g
Milk 125 ml
Yeast 10 g
Sugar 50 g
Margarine 75 g
Currants 50 g
Sultanas 50 g
Mixed peel 25 g
Bun glaze 125 ml
1. Oil a bread or cake tin.
2. Whisk the egg in a bowl. Wash and dry the fruit.
3. Sieve together the flour, cinnamon and salt.
4. Rub in the margarine to a sandy texture.
5. Make a bay in the dry mix and put in the sugar and
6. Warm the milk to blood heat, put in the yeast to
dissolve and then mix together with sugar and egg.
7. Gradually add the flour, mixed peel and fruit and
mix to a firm dough.
8. Cover the dough with a cloth and prove in a warm
place until doubled in size.
9. Knock back the dough and place it into the greased
tin and allow to prove in a warm place until doubled
10. Bake in an oven at 190°C for 45 minutes then
remove from the oven, brush with bun glaze transfer
it to a pastry wire to cool.