How to Bake a Turkey
Wondering how to bake a turkey? Baking a turkey is often intimidating, but it doesn’t have to be. Once you’ve done it the first time, it's really pretty easy. Just follow these instructions for a delicious turkey for the holidays or anytime.
- 1 Turkey
- 1 Roasting Pan
- Non-stick spray
- 1/2 pound of butter
Delicious Turkey for Holiday Meals
Follow These Simple Steps to Bake a Turkey
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rinse the turkey and pat it dry.
- Stuff the turkey cavity with stuffing.
- Soften the butter and rub it over the turkey.
- Sprinkle the turkey with salt and pepper.
- Spray the roasting pan rack with non-stick spray.
- Place the turkey breast-down on the rack.
- Put the turkey in the oven.
- Melt the remaining butter and add 1/4 cup of water to it.
- Baste the turkey every 20 minutes by brushing the butter and water mixture on the turkey. Once you have pan drippings, you can use those to baste the turkey.
- After one hour, turn the turkey breast-side up and continue baking.
- Cook the turkey 15 minutes for every pound if the turkey weighs less than 16 pounds. If the turkey is heavier than 16 pounds, cook it for 12 minutes per pound. The turkey is finished baking when a meat thermometer reads 170 degrees Fahrenheit in the breast and 185 degrees Fahrenheit in the thigh.
- Remove the turkey and place it on a platter. Let the turkey rest for 15 minutes before carving.
That's all there is to it. To make sure your turkey is ready on time for your dinner, remember to thaw the turkey in the refrigerator two days before you plan on cooking it.
Also, look on the tag of your turkey to find the weight of your turkey. Multiply that amount by 12-15 minutes, depending on the size of the turkey. For example, if your turkey weighs 10 pounds, you'll need to cook it at 325 for 2 1/2 hours. Decide the time of your meal and count the cooking time backwards so you know what time to put your turkey in to cook.
After you do this one time, you'll realize there's really not that much to learn when it comes to how to bake a turkey. Soon, you'll be volunteering to do all the holiday meals.
Learn How to Carve Your Turkey!
- TURKEY GRAVY - HOW TO MAKE THE BEST THANKSGIVING OR ...
The pure essence of the turkey has got to be in the gravy! For most people, the absence of a Thanksgiving or Christmas turkey gravy means the holiday feast is just not complete. A simply united blend of...
- Ultimate Turkey Dressing
Dressing, or stuffing, is one of the main side dishes to any Thanksgiving Feast. This recipe can be the highlight of the day.
- Easy Holiday Side Dishes
Make some different side dishes this Thanksgiving and make a meal to remember. Try easy 3 cheese broccoli or devilled egg cups instead of the old tried and true sided you always serve. Your family will love it.
- Best Side Dishes for Thanksgiving or Any Meals with ...
What are some popular Thanksgiving side dishes? A collection of recipes for mashed potatoes and gravy, dressing, vegetables, cranberries, pumpkin, bread, and more!
More by this Author
You might if your dog has red, crusty sores and is losing hair in patches. These are signs of mange on a dog. When your dog has these signs, he needs treatment. The problem is that treatment by a vet is expensive. The...
Quickly lower blood pressure naturally with these breathing exercises and avoid harmful prescription medication.
Tropical fish diseases are important for the tropical fish hobbyist to understand if you want to keep your fish alive and thriving. Fish, just like humans or other animals, can get tumors. They are common and a lump on...
No comments yet.