How to Cook Quick Chocolate Cake
Easy Chocolate Cake
Easy Chocolate Cake Kids Can Make
Need a cake in an hour or less? Try this moist, easy, rich chocolate cake! You probably have the ingredients right in your kitchen now. With a chocoholic husband and lots of school and church events to cook for, this amazing cake is a staple for me.
Quick Chocolate Cake is easy for kids to make on their own because it really doesn't matter what order the ingredients added because it always comes out great. Moreover, even little kids can make it because they can mix it with a fork (mom can help with the boiling water).
Step by Step Instructions for Quick Chocolate CakeClick thumbnail to view full-size
- 1/2 cup marg. or butter, melted 30 seconds in microwave
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tea. baking soda
- 1/2 tea. salt
- 1 tea. vanilla, or almond flavoring
- 1/2 cup sour cream or yogurt, (can use milk)
- 1/2 cup boiling water, (use coffee for mocha cake)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- Put ingredients in the bowl in the order given and mix after each one with a fork or mixer. Mix until smooth and not lumpy.
- Grease 2 eight inch layer pans, or a 13" by 9" rectangle pan. Pour in batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until cake springs back when touched in the middle.
Quick Chocolate Icing on Chocolate Cake
Quick Pour On Chocolate IcingClick thumbnail to view full-size
Pour On Quick Chocolate Icing
Nothing is faster than this quick icing, but you will also never find a better icing anywhere. This is my secret recipe for birthday cakes. One friend requests it every year. You can make this in milk, dark or white chocolate. I also call it "Truffle Frosting" because it is basically made out of the same ingredients that are in Truffle candies. French chefs call this "gauche." Mouth watering yet? Here it is:
In a microwave safe bowl put:
- 1/2 cup cream (you can use milk but reduce it to 1/4 cup and add 2 more TB butter)
- 2 TB butter (not margarine)
- 12 oz package of chocolate chips
Cook in Microwave for 1 minute. Stir until everything is melted and mixture is thick and shiny. If mixture isn't melted yet, put in microwave for 15 seconds at a time until it is.
For a glaze: Pour this mixture over cake that is in a rectangular pan.
For a Frosting that you can pour on a layer cake (like my example) mix in with a fork or mixer:
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
Mix until the frosting is still soft but holds shape for a while. It will thicken more as it cools and sits. If you want a stiffer frosting that doesn't pour out, you can add 1-2 more cups of powdered sugar.
Fast Toppings for Quick Chocolate Cake
1. Quick Praline Cake
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
Cook as directed. The nuts and brown sugar will caramelize and taste delicious!
2. Quick Smores Cake
After batter has cooked, put on top of the cake:
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 cups chocolate chips
Cook for 5 minutes at 350 degrees, or until chocolate chips have melted and marshmallows are lightly brown.
3. Heavenly Delight Cake
After cake has cooled, pour on top:
- 1 cup of chocolate fudge or caramel ice cream topping.
Spread on top of that:
- 2 cups of whipped topping
- Sprinkle with:
- 1 cup of any of the following: chopped Oreos, toffee bits, mini-chocolate chips, or crushed chocolate candies.
Cake made with butter, no toppings
|Serving size: 1/12th, 49 grams|
|Calories from Fat||72|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 8 g||12%|
|Saturated fat 5 g||25%|
|Unsaturated fat 3 g|
|Carbohydrates 30 g||10%|
|Sugar 16 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 3 g||6%|
|Cholesterol 34 mg||11%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
More by this Author
Easy 5 minute recipe to make Sugared Pecans or Walnuts in a skillet. Terrific snack, gift or great on salads.
Like Oreos? I review Jello No Bake Oreo Dessert and give quick and easy Oreo Pie Recipe Ideas.
Want to write a great argument paper, fast? Try one of these easy topics. You'll also find links to research ideas, writing tips, and sample essays.