How to Get your Kids to Eat Breakfast: Make Breakfast Fun for your Children!
Are Your Kids Picky Eaters?
Do you have kids who skip or push away breakfast? Whether they be five or fifteen getting your kids to eat a proper nutritious breakfast to fuel their day can be difficult. Learn how to get your kids to eat breakfast, by making it fun! Not a chore. Start by picking foods that they actual like and taste good. This doesn't mean you have to give them ice cream for breakfast, but healthy foods that are delicious too!
- Fresh fruit ( eg. bananas, apples, oranges)
- Healthy cookies (not cookies like oreos)
- Low sugar cereals (cornflakes, honeycombs, corn pops)
- Yogurt or chocolate/ flavored milk
- Healthy Whole- Wheat French toast (you won't even miss the white bread)
- Heart Healthy Nutritious Muffins ( eg. Dark-Chocolate Chip, Blueberry, Carrot Bran)
- Yummy omega-3 filled omelets, or eggs cooked another way.
- Good for you, healthy waffles and pancakes ( Whole wheat waffles, happy healthy pancakes)
Now Add the Fun!
It's easy to add some fun into your kids breakfast! Simply make a face out of eggs, whole-wheat toast, and turkey bacon, then let them add their special touch with ketchup or jam (anything they like)! You can even make cute carvings or funny faces with fruits. You can make muffins even more enjoyable by baking them in cute molds or decorating/ filling them with a low sugar jam!
Need Some Quick Fixes?
Need something that is quick to make, but still fun it eat? Many parents hardly have the time to eat a proper breakfast themselves, much less chop up fruit for their children. The answer lies with quick and easy dishes for your kids! Like a whole wheat dinosaur toast breakfast, just get sandwich shape cutters from your local dollar store and cut the bread ahead of time to save a couple of seconds, pop it in the toaster and add low sugar jam or melt on some calcium rich cheese! Or you can even make breakfasts ahead of time and your kids can simply eat it in the morning. Things like fruit salad can be bought, cereals only need milk, and healthy muffins, waffles, and pancakes can be made ahead of time and warmed-up!
Breakfast On the Go?
Are you kids always in a major rush in the morning? No time for breakfast? A simple solution is make them a breakfast pack they can grab and eat on the way to school. An apple or banana, granola bar, yogurt cup or a bottle of milk-to-go, is easy to put in a bag for them to grab and go with!
- 2 Eggs
- 2 slices Whole-wheat bread
- 2 slices Low-sodium turkey bacon
- 2 tsp Vegetable oil
- Any desired toppings, Eg. Peanut butter, Cheese, etc.
Silly Simple Breakfast Face
- Put the bread in the toaster. Toast until desired readiness.
- While the bread is toasting, heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and add the eggs (you can make them sunny-side up or scrambled). When done cook the bacon.
- Place the eggs, toast, and bacon on a plate in such a way it forms a face. The eggs should be the eyes, the toast the face or cut to make a nose, ears, or a hat, and the bacon should make the mouth or hair.
- Serve with any other desired toppings!
No comments yet.