How to Make Avocado Dip or Guacamole from Scratch
Just thinking about making these dips, makes me hungry!
IM going to give you a simple and easy recipe for Guacamole or Avocado Dip!
Plus I'm Going to include 3 Easy and simple recipes!
I make these at home and they are just wonderful!!!
I hope you enjoy these wonderful Dips and incorporate them into your diets.
Home Made Avocado Dip
This is so easy to make HOME Made :)
- 3- Avocados ( peeled, peeled, cored, mashed )
- 1 cup -Finely chopped Lettuce (any kind)
- 2 - Tomatoes (chopped finely )
- 2- Tablespoons of fresh lemon juice ( keep avocadoes from turnnig brown)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of Garlic
- 1 teaspoon of Olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 /4 teaspoon of Paprika
This is a Simple recipe, made without Onions.
Mix your ingredients:
- First take your Avocados Peel core and mash
- finely chopped tomatoes
- and finely chopped lettuce
mix the ingredients together well, add your olive oil and lemon Juice ( to keep fresh ) and your seasoning.. and then refrigerate for at least a half hour.
and this is one of the best tasting Avocado dips ever!
Use as toppings for Tacos, Fajitas and Tortilla chips!
Mexican Home - Made Guacamole Dip
Home Made Guacamole Dip
- 2 to 3 avocados ( peeled, cored, mashed )
- 1/2 ripe tomato, chopped ( Roma are the best )
- 1/2 red onion, minced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1-2 Serrano chiles, stems & seeds removed - minced
- cilantro (finely chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon/lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
Mix this together:
- Avocados, Peel, core and mash
- Add chopped onion, cilantro, lemon/lime
- Add salt and pepper
- Add Chili Peppers, to your taste, ( extra hot, or mild ) (wash hands thoroughly)
- Add cilantro
- add the Salt and pepper
- your lemon/lime (to keep it from turning brown) and preserve it
- Mix this all together with a fork. This is SO good!! Be sure to refrigerate after it has been made to keep it fresh.
Serves : 2 to 4
Double or Triple ingredients for Parties, or large family events etc.
Note: Also you can add Cottage cheese, Salsa , leave out onions or tomatoes, Use or customize your variations to taste and liking :)
Home Made Avocado Dip with Beans and Sour Cream
- 2 avocados (peeled, cored, mashed)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 package taco seasoning mix (Taco Bell - optional)
- 2 cans re-fried beans 16 oz
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped lettuce (organic optional)
- 1 teaspoon of Lemon/lime juice (fresh) to keep the avocado fresh
- 1 Large Tomato or 3 small Roma tomatoes
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 large bowl
- 1 fork
Mix these Ingredients together :
- Peel, core, and mash Avocados.
- Take the re-fried beans and spread evenly on a serving platter
- blend Avocados, with mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice and taco seasoning until smooth, pour over the re-fried beans. Top with cheddar cheese lettuce tomatoes green onions and bell peppers and black olives if so desired.
- chill in refrigerator until served.
Here is a Wonderful Video I found on Youtube
This is a great video on how to make Guacamole Mexican Avocado Dip.
She gives a great illustration on what items are used, preparation and making this dip.
Healthy Benefits of Avocados
Did you know that avocados are Super Healthy! There are many benefits from avocados such as:
- High in mono- unsaturated fats
- good source of potassium
- They help to lower cholesterol and blood sugar.
- Prevents breast cancer and prostate cancers
- helps digestion and circulatory problems
Avocados carry lots of minerals such as:
- vitamin c
- folic acid
- dietary fibers
Did you know that avocados are recommended for people with hot climate environments because of the loss of water and minerals? So it is highly recommended.
More by this Author
How to make Tater-Tot Casserole - Southern Style
Gallbladder Problems? - Home Remedies that can help.