Mini Banana Muffins With Applesauce: A Healthy Muffin Recipe
Great for breakfast, dessert, or a snack!
Looking for a quick and easy muffin recipe? Try these yummy banana applesauce mini muffins today! They are egg free and oil free, and the ingredients can easily be swapped out to turn this into a vegan muffin recipe.
This recipe makes about 48 mini muffins.
3 or 4 ripe bananas (if you do not use ripe bananas, your muffins will taste weird)
1 tsp of vanilla
1/4 cup (half a stick) of butter, softened
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup applesauce (I like to use cinnamon applesauce)
1 and 1/4 cups of flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
A dash of cinnamon
A dash of salt
Additional Ingredients, if Desired:
- Cream butter and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl until well blended.
- Stir in vanilla, ripe bananas, and applesauce.
- Continue stirring. Your batter should be well blended, but not perfectly smooth. Lumps are okay.
- Using a whisk, sift your dry ingredients in a separate mixing bowl.
- Combine your dry ingredients with your wet ingredients, and stir well. If you wish to use additional ingredients, now is the time to add them into the batter.
- Pour batter into greased or floured mini muffin cups or trays.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 10-12 minutes, checking every 5 minutes. Muffins are done when a fork or toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from tray, and allow to cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes (if you can wait that long).
Enjoy your banana applesauce muffins!
More by this Author
If you're considering taking a job at McDonald's, read this article first. While getting hired isn't difficult, moving up into management is not something that everyone can handle.
Drugs, alcohol, and tons of drama...that's what you'll find on the menu at your local McDonald's.
Find out everything you need to know about working at Target, including the uniform, benefits, job duties, and salary range.