How to Make Sweet Warm Butterbeer (Alcoholic Recipe) from Harry Potter
Butterbeer (Alcoholic Version)
Adults love the Harry Potter books almost as much as children. And who could blame us? It is a brilliant read. But if there is one thing the books got both children and adults fascinated about was all the wonderful food in this feast of fiction. Butterbeer in particular caught our imagination and left many eager to taste such a wonderful concoction.
Luckily there's no need to head to The Leaky Cauldron. You can make your own butterbeer from home! This Butterbeer alcoholic recipe is beautiful. Its warm, sweet and the alcohol gives it a wonderful kick.
Of course, the original recipe is a little more complicated, and entirely a secret, one which the wizarding world wasn't going to give me easily. After a few deals here and there, I was able to obtain it under the strict promise I wasn't to share it. But don’t worry; I've adapted the recipe to suit a muggles culinary capabilities. Enjoy!
- 1/3 cup White Sugar
- 1 tbsp Dark Rum
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3/4 cup Baileys Cream
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 1 Bottle of Beer
- To make the beer mixture, begin heating the bottle of beer in a large saucepan, once hot enough add the butter and brown sugar. Stir until dissolved.
- To make the cream mixture, beat the egg yolks and white sugar in a bowl until light and frothy. Add both the milk and cream to a saucepan and heat until boiling point.
- Beat the egg and sugar mixture in with the milk and cream until fully incorporated. Pour in the Baileys and rum before placing it back on a low heat.
- Add the warm beer mixture to a glass about 3/4 full and top it up with the frothy cream mixture.
- Sit back and relax with your butterbeer :)
Warm Butterbeer (Alcoholic Recipe)
Harry Potter's Hot & Cold Butterbeer Recipes
Other Harry Potter Treats
It wasn't just Butterbeer that had us drooling to our shoes. Jumping chocolate frogs, cauldron cakes, Ice Mice (‘hear your teeth chatter and squeak!’) and many more"!
Harry Potter Clay Bakery: Chocolate Frog Brownie
More by this Author
Fashion served as form of visual communication, which effectively expressed punks’ disobedient and individualistic nature. 80s punks wore clothes set themselves apart from the status quo by rebelling against the...
Want an easy salt dough ornament recipe? They are a great for decorations and kids love it! Find lots of inspiration, an easy recipe and lots of tips and tricks right here. Enjoy!
Here a 7 super easy smoothie weight loss recipes for you to enjoy! Each are great for aiding weight loss and keeping you full...
No comments yet.