How to Make Candy Corn Strawberries
Candy Corn Strawberries
This whimsical and scrumptious dessert is a modern take on a classic Halloween treat. Triple-dipped in melted white chocolate and chilled to perfection, these berries just love wearing their sunny-sweet costumes! Go ahead and make a batch (or three), they're sure to be a hit at your spook-tacular party!!
- 1 dozen Fresh strawberries, raw
- 1 bag Nestle Premier White Chocolate Morsels
- 3 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- Food coloring, red & yellow
- 24 Baking Cups
- Rinse strawberries thoroughly and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place dry strawberries on a plate & store in fridge.
- Pour white chocolate morsels into a microwave-safe bowl and add 1.5 tablespoons of vegetable oil (save remaining oil for chocolate texture adjustment, as needed.)
- Microwave chocolate (on 60% power) for 1 minute. Stir melting morsels and, if needed, microwave for another 20-30 seconds (do not overheat.)
- Mix until chocolate is blended smooth (you may use remaining oil to adjust texture, if needed.)
- Divide melted chocolate into 3 bowls, making sure to add less chocolate to each new bowl poured (3 bowls = large amount, medium amount, & small amount.)
- Add a combination of red and yellow food coloring to the LARGEST bowl of melted chocolate. Mix and adjust ratio to create a vivid orange color.
- Arrange 12 baking cups onto a large, flat tray which fits comfortably into your fridge.
- Remove dried, chilled strawberries from fridge. Holding a berry gently by its calyx, dip each strawberry into the orange chocolate. Make circular, swirling motions to coat the entire strawberry and place carefully into a baking cup.
- Repeat step 9 with remaining strawberries & place into the fridge (make sure that nothing will be touching/obstructing them) and let chocolate set (about 5 minutes.)
- While berries chill/set, add yellow food coloring to MEDIUM bowl of melted chocolate. Mix and adjust to create a bright yellow.
- Remove chilled/set berries from fridge and gently pull on calyx to lift berry from baking cup. If chocolate is still too soft, return berries to fridge for another few minutes.
- Holding a berry gently by its calyx, dip each orange strawberry (about 2/3 of the way) into the yellow chocolate. Make circular, swirling motions to coat the bottom 2/3 of the berry and place carefully back into same baking cup.
- Repeat step 13 with remaining orange strawberries & place back into the fridge. Allow another 5 minutes to let chocolate set.
- Remove double-dipped berries from fridge and gently pull on calyx to lift berry from baking cup. If chocolate is still too soft, return berries to fridge for another few minutes.
- Stir SMALL bowl of melted white chocolate (you may add oil if texture needs adjusting.) Have 12 NEW baking cups ready.
- Holding a berry gently by its calyx, dip the tip of each double-dipped strawberry (about 1/3 of the way) into the white chocolate. Then, place berry carefully into a NEW baking cup.
- Repeat step 17 with remaining strawberries & place back into the fridge. Allow triple-dipped berries to chill/set in fridge for an additional 5 minutes.
- Once berries have finished "chillin" in their candy corn costumes, you may serve and enjoy! Beware...they're to die for!
|Serving size: 1 Berry|
|Calories from Fat||108|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 12 g||18%|
|Carbohydrates 19 g||6%|
|Sugar 19 g|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
More by this Author
An illustrated guide on how to make Hawaii-inspired fried rice. Includes step-by-step photographs, links to ingredients, and a video to help you make your own ONO (tasty) fried rice creation!
Candy lei gifts are great for any holiday! This illustrated guide will show you how to make these delicious (and fashionable) garlands. Also includes a step-by-step video.
This article gives advice on how to create a tattoo sleeve piece by piece. Includes colorful pictures and a tattoo flow-chart to help you determine whether or not you're needle ready.