How to Make Chicken Samosa Recipe
Delicious Chicken Samosa
Yummy Chicken Samosa
The word "Samosa" pronounced "sa'mousa" is used in Bengali, South Asia, Punjabi: smosa, Gujarati: sumosa, Hindi: samosa. It generally consists of a fried or baked triangular pastry shell with a savory filling which may include spiced potatoes, peas, onions, coriander or ground beef, or chicken. The size and shape of a samosa as well as the consistency of the pastry used can vary. Samosas are often served with tamarind chutney or curd.
Different regions have different ways of preparing this samosa are below :
- South Asia: The North Indian and Pakistani samosa contains a maida all purpose flour shell stuffed with a mixture of mashed boiled potato, onion, spices, green peas, green chili. The entire pastry is then deep fried
until golden brown color, in vegetable oil. It is served hot with Indian chutney such as tamarind or mint, coriander. Samosas are often served in chaat, along with the yogurt, chopped onions and coriander, chaat masala and chutney.
In Hyderabad, India and Andhra Pradesh, a smaller version of the samosa with a thicker pastry crust and mince-meat filling referred to as "Lukhmi" is eaten, as is another variation with onion fillings called an onion samosa.
- Lusophone World : In Goa and Portugal, samosas are called as chamucas, usually filled with chicken, pork, beef or vegetables and they are hot. They are an integral part of Goan cuisine and Portuguese cuisine.
- Anglophone World : Samosas have become popular in the United Kingdom, Kenya, south Africa, Canada and in the United States. In Canada, the United Kingdom and the United States frozen samosas are increasingly available in grocery stores.
- 1 lb boneless chicken
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 tbs ginger paste
- 5 tbs garlic paste
- 4 chopped green chillies
- 1 egg (optional)
- few chopped coriander leaves
- salt to taste
- oil for frying
For Samosa Pastry :
- 2 cups maida flour (all purpose flour)
- 1/2 cup water
- salt to taste
For Chicken Samosa Stuffing
1) Wash, clean and chop the chicken into small pieces.
2) Marinate chicken with all ingredients except egg and keep aside for about an hour.
3) Grind the marinated chicken in the mixer grinder.
4) Heat oil and fry the marinated chicken till well cooked and brown.
5) cool and use as stuffing for samosas.
For samosa pastry :
1) To make maida chapathis. Mix half cup water with 2 cups maida (All purpose) flour.
2) Knead the flour into soft dough( use more water if needed).
3) Take a small part from the dough, roll it between the palms and make a ball.
4) Press this maida ball flat on a hard surface and spread it wider with the helping of a rolling pin into a moon shape.
5) Cut into two halves . Join and press together to make a cone.
6) Place a tbs of chicken filling in the cone and seal the third side using the moist finger.
7) Repeat this process with other halves of the chapathis.
8) Heat oil in a kadai, deep fry the samosa's one by one until golden brown over medium heat.
9) Serve hot samosa with chutney or tomato ketchup.