How to Make Crema Di Limoncino at Home
Crema di Limoncino (also referred to as Crema di Limoncello) is a sweet, creamy, lemon flavored after dinner drink. It may also be served as a welcoming drink or for a toast in celebration. It is often served cold in a small shot glass. It is very similar to Limoncello, but with the added ingredient of milk for the creaminess.
- 750 ml Everclear 151 Grain Alcohol (1 bottle)
- 5 Lemons (medium to large size)
- 9 1/2 cups Whole Milk
- 4 1/4 lbs Sugar
- 1/2 t Vanilla Powder (such as Paneangeli Vanillina)
Day 1 Instructions
- Wash lemons well.
- Peel lemons with a peeler and place rinds into a large seal-able container. Ensure to only peel the yellow part, not the whites.
- Pour bottle of Everclear into the large container and seal it.
- Store in a dark place such as a closet for 1 week.
Day 2 Instructions
- Place milk, sugar, and vanilla powder in large stock pot.
- Simmer for 30 minutes ensuring all sugar dissolves.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Strain lemons from alcohol and add to cream mixture.
- Store in seal-able bottles/containers in the refrigerator or freezer.
*May store up to 6 months.
There are several different ways to make this drink and I encourage experimentation to find your preferred taste. Some variations include:
- Alcohol Type - try any clear alcohol. Vodka works well.
- Sugar - adjust sugar to desired sweetness.
- Milk - try variations in milk fat and quantity based on desired creaminess.
- Fruit - try using other fruit such as oranges, grapefruit, or strawberries;
Other Helpful Links
- Making and Enjoying Limoncello
once wrote an article about what you can do with extra lemons when you have them and got a comment from someone that I'd forgotten to include making limoncello. I always...
- Limoncello Cocktail Recipe
Do you enjoy sweet and fruity liqueurs? Limoncello is a delicious Italian liqueur that is now enjoyed in many countries around the world. It is available in many liquor...
- Limoncello - It doesn't get better than home made
This started on a whim and an overabundance of lemons. I purchased commercial limoncello and the only thing I would use it for was mixed drinks. It was not pleasing...
- DIY Limoncello
Lest we think that cordials or liqueurs are only for drinking, I would like to present a more creative use. Along with this, I will provide...
More by this Author
Maintaining a sharp knife is extremely important when working in the kitchen. A sharp knife ensures precise cutting, effeciency, and avoidance of injury. An optimally sharp edge improves speed and accuracy. This is a...
Whiskey can be a refreshing and social drink. Here are my top 5 summer cocktail recipes with whiskey for this summer.
Deciding on what facial cleanser to use is very overwhelming, especially when faced with so many decisions. Things like skin type, cost, ingredients, scent, and brand can all have a major influence on ones ultimate...