How to Make Curry Chicken Caribbean Style
CURRY CHICKEN INGREDIENTS
- 2- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 lbs of chicken brest, cut into pieces or use whole chicken parts
- 1 large onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 large potatoes - peeled and cubed
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup Curry powder - I like Jamican curry powder
- 1 whole hot pepper- if kids are eating this meal don't put the hot pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Saute the chicken, onions, and garlic until the chicken has browned; about 5-7 minutes.
- Put in potatoes, salt, and curry powder; stir pot add enough water to cover the chicken halfway.
- Cover, and simmer until tender, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Season to taste with hot pepper sauce. A true West Indian adds one whole Hot Pepper in the pot and lets is simmer to get the spicy taste. Yummy!
Comments 39 comments
Start your Backyard Chicken Flock
- Chicken Coops | Small Chicken Coops | Fertilized Chicken Eggs For Hatching
ChickenHousesPlus.com has the BEST prices for fertile chicken eggs + free shipping! We raise our chickens in a free range environment for healthy, happy chickens which lay healthy eggs for your to hatch.
More by this Author
When it comes to backyard flocks, there are many common chicken diseases that you should become familiar with. It is essential to learn chicken diseases symptoms and even the signs of diseases respiratory based in these...