Easy to Make Recipe: Cut Out Sugar Cookies
My great-grandmother shared this recipe with my mom when she was a young girl and I've passed it down to my daughters who will someday pass it on to theirs.
I hope you'll enjoy it as much as we have over the years.
TIP: Add a little more flour to make the dough stiffer in order to roll out and make cut-out cookies.
- 1 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 3/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- Heat oven to 350.
- Cream together sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour, 1/2 cup at a time while stirring.
- Stir in baking powder and salt.
- Mix in vegetable oil and stir well.
- If making cut-out cookies, add a little flour to stiffen the dough.
- Drop by teaspoon on a lightly sprayed cookie sheet.
- Press balls flat with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar. If making cut-outs, roll out dough with rolling pin and then use desired cookie cutter shape before placing on cookie sheet.
- Bake until lightly browned.
- Decorate with icing and sprinkles if desired.
Rate this Recipe
Here's the Icing Recipe for the Sugar Cookies
- Buttercream Icing Recipe Like Mom Makes
If you've ever wondered how to make that homemade buttercream icing like mom used to make then you'll want to check out this recipe.
Which Do You Like Better?See results without voting
If You Love Chocolate You'll Love This
- Chocolate Oatmeal Balls
Calling all chocolate lovers! Try this quick to make recipe the next time your chocolate craving hits.
More by this Author
Just because you are on a budget doesn't mean you can't enjoy some good tasting food made straight out of your home. Try this seven day dinner menu complete with appetizer, soup and dessert recipes.
Quick and easy dinner recipes are a must in this rush hour way of living. Here are a few ideas to make dinner a breeze.
If you are considering a career in real estate but don't have a ton of money to throw at the new position, consider starting with apartment locating to earn an immediate income and build your way up.