Snowman Cupcake Recipe
Cute Snowman Cupcakes
Rate Snowman Cupcakes
How to Make Snowman Cupcakes
These cupcakes are ridiculously easy to prepare, and are so adorable the other room moms will be envious of your creativity and talent! Make these cute cupcakes for Christmas parties, winter play dates, or for classroom parties (if homemade treats are allowed).
Snowman Cupcake Ingredients
- Pre-packaged cake mix (Funfetti is often adored by children)
- Vanilla frosting
- Large marshmallows
- Orange tic-tacs
- Small pretzel rods*
- Gummy Lifesavers
- Black decorator icing
*If you will be making the Snowman Cupcakes the night before the party, substitute lollipop sticks for the pretzel rods. Simply cut the lollipop sticks in half at an angle, and use these to support the marshmallow-snowman body (pretzel sticks will get soggy if left overnight in the cupcakes: see the "Don't Let Your Snowman Cupcake Fall Apart" section below).
Assembling Snowman Cupcakes
- Bake the cupcakes according to package directions. Let them cool, then frost them with vanilla icing.
- On a piece of wax paper, use your palm to slightly flatten one marshmallow. Stack another marshmallow on top of the flattened one, and spear both marshmallows with a small pretzel rod.
- Insert two more pretzel rods for the snowman's arms.
- Insert an orange tic-tac for the snowman's nose. Alternately, use orange decorator icing.
- Insert the snowman into the cupcake, pressing down to secure the pretzel rod stake into the center of the cake.
- Push the gumdrops through the center of the lifesavers to create snowman hats.
- Use a drop of extra vanilla frosting to secure the hats onto each snowman head.
- Use black decorator icing to create eyes, buttons, and a mouth.
Snowman Cupcake Problems
Learn More Here
Don't Let the Snowman Cupcakes Fall Apart
Do not make the snowman cupcakes more than a few hours in advance, because the pretzel rod stake securing the snowman will absorb moisture from the cupcake. The absorbed moisture will cause the pretzel rod to become gummy and fall to the side, causing all of the snowmen to fall off the cakes.
In addition, snowmen cupcakes made too far in advance suffer from another unfortunate problem. The compressed bottom marshmallow begins to expand over time, causing the top marshmallow to pop off. Seeing a bunch of headless snowman cupcakes is more traumatizing than charming, so be sure to squash the bottom marshmallow well and make these within a few hours of the planned party time!
Almost Too Cute to Eat.
More by this Author
Three recipes for gummy worms: the first two recipes are all natural and are great for families following the Feingold diet. The last recipe contains artificial dyes and colors, but is made with fruit juice rather than...
How to make snowman pretzel rod treats: these treats are simple to make, and children will love the adorable snowmen for a winter treat!
Know how to give your dog allergy medication in the event of an allergic reaction to bee stings. This knowledge could buy your dog time and save his life!