How to Make Delicious Raw Vegan Marinated Eggplant Chips
Delicious Raw Vegan Snack
Eggplant is also known as aubergine, it has a purpleish/burgandy colour and is very tasty in stews and soups. They are native to India and Southeast Asia and they are a member of the night-shade family of plants. They are actually related to tomatoes, potates and bell peppers. They contain plenty of vitmain B, folate and manganese. Did you know that you can also make delicious eggplant chips/crisps to eat as a snack or even as a side dish? They are vegan friendly and are actually raw as they are prepared in a dehydrator. However, you can also prepare them in an oven at the same temperature with the door open. These are delicious so, give them a try, they are simple to make too anyone can make them. You do not need any special culinary skills to prepare these light tasty vegan snacks.
Here is ehat you need:
1 large egglplant
2 teaspoons sea salt
¼ cup nama shoyu or tamari
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tqablespoons agave nectar
1 teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
12 teaspoon ground allspice
To prepare this delicious snack, here are the instructions
1. Use a mandolin or a sharp knife to slice the aubergine into thin round pieces.
2. Rub salt into the strips to soften them, leave them to sit for at least half an hour to allow the salt to seep into the eggplant strips.
3. Put all the other ingredients into a blender and blend them together to form a marinade.
4. Pour the marinate into a large bowl and put the eggplant pieces into the bowl. Allow them to marinate for at leaset an hour to ensure they are full of flavour
5. Put the marinated eggplant chips on to dehydrator trays using non stick paper sheets to ensure they do not stick to the trays. Dehyhdrate the chips at 145 degrees fahrenheit for 2 hours. Then you are going to need to flip them over and lower the heat to 110. Dehydrate for a further 12 hours.
Note: If you are using an oven, you will need much less time but you will have to keep checking to see how crunchy they are. It will depend on the make and model of your oven. For best results, use a fan assisted oven.
Per 40g serving
Fat 5 g
Sodium: 1,378 mg
Fiber 3 g
More by this Author
Simplifying your life can change your whole perspective, it allows you to focus on what is important, and discover your life's purpose.
Boils can be painful and irritating. There are many treatments available over the counter. However, not all of them work. You can get rid of a boil naturally and this is what this article will discuss